SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Platinum Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Platinum Question Login/Join 
posted
I can't find out much about the P229 Platinum. I read somewhere that they made some changes to it from when it first came out to when it was discontinued (I think) but can't remember.

I've noticed TWO different aluminum grips on the P229 Platinums and think that perhaps the original P229 Platinum was the model that took the 13 round mags and then later was changed to take the 229-1 mags? Maybe they changed the grip then? I just don't know but I'm trying to find out which P229 Platinum is the oldest or newest based on the grips themselves.

Also, were there any changes to the gun from inception to discontinuation that I should be aware of when buying one?

Thanks

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The original Platinum Elite had the Legacy slide (half height rear cocking serrations, short extractor) and had the original SIG SAUER logo white aluminum grips that were NOT made by Hogue.

The later version had the current slide (full height rear cocking serrations, long external extractor) and had the Hogue made SIG SAUER logo white aluminum grips. Yes, this version takes the 229-1 mag. I can also use the old P229(9) mag.

Q

Posts: 26427 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect, thanks for the detailed info. I just pulled the trigger on the later version, should have it in a week or so. I had one when they first came out and sold it and here I am buying one again...LOL.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: QB Too,

Posts: 991 | Location: Carrollton, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post