SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rareity of Advertised SIG P220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rareity of Advertised SIG P220 Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
Are electroless nickle plated slides, 1990 vintage, on German P220's unusual or rare?
Someone please educate me.
Thanks.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
No they are unusual or rare, IMO.

There were certainly fewer nickel guns than blue/blk.

At that time, I believe Klein Plating in Erie, PA was plating the Sigs.

In 1992, I bought my first P-220. I called Sig and asked if I could send it to them to be plated. The referred me to Klein, who plated the whole gun, and 2 mags for $100.00.

We often see ads on GB that tout early nickel Sigs as rare. Many times they do not even have the proper markings on the box to indicate they are actual factory (Klein) finished.

This is my opinion and I believe others will back me up on this.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Picture of Buster30290
posted Hide Post
I have several of the "Factory Nickel" Klein plated sigs, both full and two-tone. They are beautiful guns. I believe these were guns imported from Germany as black and sent by SigArms to Klein for plating after they arrived in the US.

The ones Sig had plated will have a notation stamped on the labeling of the original box.

I'd say they (the "Factory" ones - not the "copycats") are unusual but not really that rare. The real ones should command a higher price than a plain version but not exorbitant.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......

Posts: 3646 | Location: Nawth Jawja | Registered: February 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post