SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    STI Staccato C owners?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STI Staccato C owners? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone pick up one of these single stacks? Get to handle one?
Pricey but I'm curious. 50. for an 8 round magazine is steep as well.
Reviews are all good. Supposed to be wicked accurate.

Posts: 1657 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
My LGS has a few of them. They are nice for sure, but I am not as big of a fan of the grip as I thought I would be. I much prefer the tree bark texture on the double stack Staccato P. Trouble is now the P is coming with the C grip style.

If the C feels good to you though, get it. Reviews are pretty good from what I’ve seen.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
No where up here that would carry them. I have a 2011 with the treebark.

Posts: 1657 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
I have handled a couple. Very impressed. A friend bought one and likes it a lot. Claims it's very accurate and has run perfectly. It is on my list!

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have a staccato-p duo. Huge fan

The staccato-R I believe will be announced before Christmas officially. Maybe even this week. STI has been on tour around Texas showing them off/

The “R” will be a full size single stack. Assuming they make an “R-duo” I will be buying it

If there was a “C-duo” I would already own that as well

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have a STI Staccato C its a very fine shooting pistol. It will take the Wilson mags they are cheaper.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it will run with the 10 rd wilson's?
That could put me over the top.

posted Hide Post
Have both a Staccato C & P...waiting for the R to come out. Very happy with them...normally I am a Wilson guy but find myself shooting these more now.

The C will take Wilson 9mm mags. I use Wilson ETM 8 and 9 round which fit well. The 10 round would extend well past the grip.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the gun on the top is a P DUO, but what is the gun on the bottom with no magewell?

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...pts-sti-2011-pistols

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I looked at the double stack version and I was turned off by how sloppy the thumb safety was. It was so bad I would be surprised if it would stay on SAFE while carried. I noticed the same thing years ago with a single stack STI I looked at. My old Eagle 5.0 is fine, but I'd certainly want to look at one personally before I purchased. I think STIs are otherwise great guns.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bkc2a:
I know the gun on the top is a P DUO, but what is the gun on the bottom with no magewell?

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...pts-sti-2011-pistols

In addition to the optic-ready DUO guns, Pierson said they have also made a carry version of the same pistol that was non-optic bearing, by request. “So basically, we took a Staccato P and we put a shorter carry grip on it,” he said.

They also made threaded barrel versions for some agency.

I shot my brother's Staccato P and it's a fine gun.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "VIP" 150 mm grips are not hard to find, they're just a little spendy.

Posts: 5148 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I might be thinking about the new Staccato C2.

Double stack. Wonder if I can share mags with my Staccato P.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8006 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the longer tube mags will work in the C2, but only the "VIP" 120mm mags fit flush-ish.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
That’s good to know. When I order my C2 I will definitely order more spare mags and use them in both guns. They’re decently priced through the mil/le program.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8006 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post