SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Born dates and generation #
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Born dates and generation # Login/Join 
Picture of Chazman1946
posted
Here is a photo of the side of the box my new P365 came in, born date is 28 Jun 2018, but the other number BXR3, does that reflect Generation 3 of the pistol?

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken "BXR3" refers to Black Nitron finish, XRay sights and (maybe?) 3" barrel. The first production pistols came with regular SIG night sights. That changed when SIG fixed the barrel peening issue.

You can make up any meaning you want through...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
X-ray 3 sights I believe.

I’m not aware of any “generation” labeling.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
As others have said, XR3 is X-Ray 3 sights. Sig doesn't recognize any official "generations" of the 365. Your part number is the same as mine from May 29, 2018.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
My 365 with a born on date of 2/14/18 has the same exact thing on my case.

Posts: 473 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post