SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p320 .45acp full size reliability
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p320 .45acp full size reliability Login/Join 
posted
I have seen positive reviews recently of the p320 9mm and was seeing if anyone had any experience with recent production p320s in 45?

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I've had my FS 45 for about 3 years now. It was made in 2015.

It has always run perfectly with any factory ammo I tried. I had a few FTF's with handloads for the first few hundred rounds, but once the gun "loosened up" it hasn't happened again. In those instances, it wouldn't quite go all the way into battery. Bumping the rear of the slide would lock it into battery.

Mine has night sights and is my go-to nightstand gun.

Pic was taken before trigger upgrade.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I've had my FS 45 for about 3 years now. It was made in 2015.

It has always run perfectly with any factory ammo I tried. ...

Mine has night sights and is my go-to nightstand gun.

Similar story: I've had mine for a just over two years. I don't have more than maybe 300 rounds through it, with a variety of ball ammo and JHP, but it's never failed to feed, eject, or go bang when it was supposed to. Mine also has night sights. Plus an Inforce APL. Mine is also my nightstand gun.

(I really need to take a better photo of it.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto for me as well. Mine was one of the first listed on GB, from a local dealer. It's a FS,shipped May 2015. Low round count, estimate around 400. It's been flawless with factory Federal and Remington, as well as my own reloads, some of which have been 185 gr XTP.

Of my other .45 Auto pistols, which include P220 Sport, P245 and Ruger SR1911, it gets it's share of range time. Just don't shoot much .45 anymore.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I've got both a .45 and 9mm P320 in full size purchased new. Trouble free since day one for both. The .45 has about 1500 rounds through it and the 9mm has about 3000 rounds through it. Eats any practice ammo and never had an issue with HST's either. Solid reliable firearms IMO.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, I am going to see if I can find one this week

Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Great firearm, I've had mine since they released. My favorite .45 pistol. I like it even better after the trigger change with the *voluntary* recall

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Picked up a used full size P320 45 locally. I am sending it in for the upgrade and the previous owner reported some extraction issues so I am going to get the extractor replaced too.

While out I also picked up a p220 sas carry dak. Looks like I am going to have to pick up some more 45 ammo