SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I want a bren ten.....why do I want a Bren ten? Update page 2! Bought one!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a bren ten.....why do I want a Bren ten? Update page 2! Bought one! Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted
anyone know a source?

I'm watching the ones currently on gunnroker....

I know this is irrational...but I've wanted one for 30 years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised no one has contracted with Tanfoglio to make a "Witness" in the Bren style. The Turkish made AR-24 CZ clone had some of the look.

Why do you want one? You like a challenge and no where a secret trove of mags is buried?

Posts: 1847 | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to my 8th grade prom in a bright yellow suit coat, a teal shirt, linen pants, and boat shoes....i was awesome...

the only thing I was missing was a chrome designer Bren ten in a jackass rig and unfiltered cigarettes

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You could always get a S&W 645 and a Corvette disguised as a Ferrari Daytona until you can find what you're looking for.

Posts: 1847 | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Me, too. Because 'fun' is good enough. I'm sick of all the pump fakes from the companies promising a remake.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a company a few years ago that was supposed to make them again but I haven't heard or seen anything since.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Why? Obviously the answer is two words: Sonny Crockett.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did recently watch season 1 again

I'm comfortable enough to admit don Johnson was a good looking dude

I also learned that my memory of the timeline of the show is way off

For example, the original LT is killed and is replaced by Castillo (Edward James Olmos)

In my mind this happened well into the show

Anyone want to guess (without looking) when it actually happened?

quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Why? Obviously the answer is two words: Sonny Crockett.

——————————————————

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
To the original LT? He was killed by a sniper IIRC. Castillo showed up in the third or fourth episode?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done!...it was the third episode....in my brain it was much much further into the show....

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
To the original LT? He was killed by a sniper IIRC. Castillo showed up in the third or fourth episode?

——————————————————

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'm a Vice nerd. But, my nerdiness knowledges dies off at about the same time the Daytona Spyder died off.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Considering that Testarossa prices have been spiking up, better pick up one of those up pretty soon as well. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Next up would be Gina Calabrese as a side kick Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gina was actually hotter than I remembered

quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Next up would be Gina Calabrese as a side kick Wink

——————————————————

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Hello Kev, It's just a hobby and we all want what we want. Nothing at all wrong with that. I did enjoy Miami Vice, didn't nearly everyone back then, and did have a Bren Ten. In case you intend to shoot the object of your desire, I'll share .02 worth here. Tom Dornaus told me that they'd had some issues with slides cracking. This, after production was finalized. Tom indicated he thought he'd designed enough beef in the guns to prevent anything like that. I've read that frames sometimes cracked too.

I've mentioned this before, and another commented something about this being internet myth,etc. Fact is, Tom Dornaus told me this as we, Michael Dixon, and a couple others drove up to Gunsite one day.

Still, if you want it and can afford it, get it. I wouldWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I'd like one myself..I'd never use it but it would be on the bucket list if I hit the lottery. I actually have a friend that collects Bren Tens..Not sure where he finds them but he has some unusual ones.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wouldn't shoot it a whole hell of a lot

I'm getting a p220 in 10mm to do that Wink

——————————————————

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Daym Kevbo, 4 to 5k for a Bren!!
Super cool collectible, I've always wanted one too.
Keep us updated with either a Bren purchase or an EAA custom build.
Can't wait, very interesting!!

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RX-79G:
I'm surprised no one has contracted with Tanfoglio to make a "Witness" in the Bren style. The Turkish made AR-24 CZ clone had some of the look.

I have wondered why no one has attempted it as well,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to pick up a Special Forces in 10mm for $1,100 and thought they were crazy at the time for that. The gun came with one magazine only, and the magazines were the problem to get, so I passed. This was about 15 years ago.

Looks like I should have bought it as an investment!

www.opspectraining.com