SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I want a bren ten.....why do I want a Bren ten? Update page 2! Bought one!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a bren ten.....why do I want a Bren ten? Update page 2! Bought one! Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Why do you want a Bren ten? Because something must have gone sideways. When was you last physical ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Never meet your heros.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too had a chance to go Bren 10 in the Miami Vice era. IIRC it was 1200 bucks, which was astronomical for me at the time. I wanted a couple of spare mags and found out they were made of....unobtainium.
I passed on the deal.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Bren Tens are $4-$5K now???

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I won't pay that, so I will be left wanting

quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Bren Tens are $4-$5K now???

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
There was a company a few years ago that was supposed to make them again but I haven't heard or seen anything since.

VLTOR Fortis?
https://www.vltor.com/2015/02/...ren-ten-2015-update/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
350zee:

That was exactly what I was tracking a couple of years ago when Vltor made their initial announcement (at SHOT, I believe).

Always wanted one, but in .45 since I have so much ammo. Still don't know why it hasn't been picked up - might be because it isn't polymer and doesn't have a light rail hanging off the bottom Wink

Still holding out hope...

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything CZ is usually good.

Go here. This is one of the better sources.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=92.0

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I had a SF pistol on order when the company went teats up. So close and yet so far.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
After having not seen one in person, in years, I saw two today.

Cabelas in West Chester Ohio has two of them in their Gun Library.

Full size $3,499.99 with original box and papers.

Special Forces model, with box and papers, one mag. $3,499.00.

I had no idea they had appreciated so much.

It was nice to see them, but way too rich for my blood.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bad advice on the whole, but a different Bren than what is made and owned by CZ

The Bren Ten was made by dornhaus and Dixon in the 80s....they aren't affiliated with cz

quote:
Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
Anything CZ is usually good.

Go here. This is one of the better sources.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=92.0

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Never meet your heros.

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to take this opportunity again to say that a CZ97 in 10mm would be a superb alternative to the Bren Ten. Considering they already have a superb platform, it would't take those industrious CZ engineers long to get a 10mm version on the production line.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely true

I have one of the p220 elite sao order in 10 on the way too

quote:
I have to take this opportunity again to say that a CZ97 in 10mm would be a superb alternative to the Bren Ten. Considering they already have a superb platform, it would't take those industrious CZ engineers long to get a 10mm version on the production line.

——————————————————

posted Hide Post
Cabelas has one on their website with the .45 conversion and a mag for each for $4k. Having both calibers would be awesome but damn that's a lot of money

——————————————————

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee:
quote:
There was a company a few years ago that was supposed to make them again but I haven't heard or seen anything since.

VLTOR Fortis?
https://www.vltor.com/2015/02/...ren-ten-2015-update/

They've been jerking us around for years. They took orders and promised deliveries several years ago and then (after several buyers went to their gun shop to pick up their guns) canceled the orders. It went on for years and eff Vltor.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one today...should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Got one of the marksman .45ACP Bren tens. Looks practically brand new. Come with 2 magazines

For those that don't know, dornhaus and Dixon made 250 guns in .45 ACP for a range/store in Chicago. They were the only production guns made only in .45 (they made conversion kits for the 10s that were available)

I am soon to be proud owner of number 39 of the 250

——————————————————

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
It doesn't have the Gunsite raven.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TRue, but that doesn't hold much appeal to Me necessarily. The .45, and the price, were equally as important

Plus this is the first. Not the only. Wink

——————————————————

posted Hide Post
It was in the late 70's or early 80's I was at the old Long Beach Police Pistol Range. I had just received my Browning Hi Power back from having Austin Behlert work his magic on it. Dornhaus and Dixon were there testing the gun they made for Jeff Cooper. Really nice guys ... they let people shoot a few rounds. Nice gun. Thought about buying one but the cost then and the availability of magazines derailed that.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post