SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What After the 226 MK?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What After the 226 MK? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq18Hz:
Beretta 92's are nice but honestly unless it's for collecting, I can't think of two guns more similar than a 226 or a 92fs.

The 92 may shoot slightly softer, but I prefer the Sig. of course I love each of my 92's, but if I had to choose one I would probably only buy the Sig.

That said, 92 is one of my favorite guns.

-Freq

After looking at many of them at two local gun shows, I think that my 226 is big enough. I have ruled out the 92FS. I did rent a XDM 4.5" 9mm today at the range and it is soft shooter and a great gun. A little hard for me to rack since it has an 18 lbs recoil spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
I have very severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and have found that a particular pistol can make a world of difference in felt recoil. I run Underwood 357 SIG through my P229R without issue, yet stout 9mm loads can be a problem in some pistols. Try out some options and go with what is comfortable FOR YOU.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
my ss229 40sw shoots 165g like its a 22 180g is a bit snappy but you can get the 9mm 0r 357sig barrel and i love the crimson trace grips i would buy them if they didn't have a laser in them

free screen capturecertificity.com

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post