SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got my Mossberg Shockwave
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my Mossberg Shockwave Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
Ordered it 4/26 from Buds and it came in yesterday. I thought it'd be late-July before I had it so perhaps Mossberg is ramping up production.

It's cool! ... and tiny!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's really neat! I have mine loaded with minishells.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:

Nice! I need to get some of those.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:

Do you need an adapter, or is only the Remington version that needs an adapter for mini shells?

Oh yeah, what about recoil?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I shot a friend's shockwave a few weeks ago with minishells and he had an adapter for them. Definitely a fun lil' shotty.

I didn't dare shoot any 12 gauge buckshot, nope, wasn't even interested in doing so.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What is actually surprising is if you run that AR stock collapsed you are almost as short as the shockwave.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
I shot a friend's shockwave a few weeks ago with minishells and he had an adapter for them. Definitely a fun lil' shotty.

I didn't dare shoot any 12 gauge buckshot, nope, wasn't even interested in doing so.

Why not? Unless it's for the occasional thrill of hearing a bang, the utility of a short shotgun comes into its own woth buckshot. Small shotguns wnd pistol grip shotguns are easy to shoot and easy to control.

In the movies, they kick and buck, and rumors abound about them breaking fingers, flying out of hands, etc. They don't.

Load it up with 3" buckshot or bigger, go to town.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine swears by his. Took the fore end strap off of his and mounted a laser. He stated that the recoil was very manageable; I'm looking forward to shooting it. Once sighted in, he proclaims that it was dead-on accurate out to 25 yards (the length of Bay 2 at West Coast Armory). Based on his souvenir of a target that he kept as proof, I'd say he's right.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have read that the style of pistol grip used really aids in recoil management and flip.

Standard PG only shotguns are not literally jumping out of your hands but they do want to torque back and up and I have never found them fun or useful. I imagine if the shockwave removes some of that back and flip movement it would probably at least be pretty fun.

I imagine we will be seeing these in movies in no time as they are very distinctive.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I imagine we will be seeing these in movies in no time as they are very distinctive.

Similar style shotguns have already appeared. Recall the opening bank robbery scene in The Dark Knight.

Or The Book of Eli.

I'm sure there are a number of other examples too.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a note:
In Texas, the legality of the shockwave is questionable. Mossberg openly states that it is illegal in Texas. They are selling them here, but I am not buying now. This is due to state law, not Federal. Just thought someone might be interested.

TBK

Posts: 573 | Location: South Texas | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
From a NRA-ILA email I got on June 16th:

Your NRA-ILA previously reported that Governor Greg Abbott signed two important pro-Second Amendment measures passed by the Texas Legislature during the recent 140-day session into law: Senate Bill 16, priority legislation of Lt. Governor Dan Patrick that slashes the cost of an original License To Carry from $140 to $40 and reduces the price of a renewal LTC from $70 to $40 to bring fees down to among the lowest in the nation; and House Bill 1819 which revises Texas statutes to track federal law regarding ownership and possession of firearm sound suppressors. [The Texas Penal Code currently requires these devices to be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives. If the Hearing Protection Act that eliminates this federal requirement were to pass Congress before the Texas Legislature meets again in 2019, suppressor owners would have no way of complying with state law and could be guilty of a felony offense without this important change.] An amendment was added to HB 1819 in the Senate to clarify that non-NFA, short-barreled firearms with a pistol grip -- such as the Mossberg 590 Shockwave -- are not unlawful to sell or own in Texas. The Lone Star State is one of just two states where this particular gun cannot currently be sold lawfully. Both laws take effect on September 1, 2017.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
A buddy of mine swears by his. Took the fore end strap off of his and mounted a laser. He stated that the recoil was very manageable; I'm looking forward to shooting it. Once sighted in, he proclaims that it was dead-on accurate out to 25 yards (the length of Bay 2 at West Coast Armory). Based on his souvenir of a target that he kept as proof, I'd say he's right.

Do you remember what laser your friend mounted? I'm going to get one of these Shockwaves before the end of summer and like the set up in your post.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

What happened?

Did the recoil take him out? Wink Razz

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nope. A guy in a clown mask with a full auto Glock did. Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

What happened?

Did the recoil take him out? Wink Razz

He said he wished it was in 10mm and spontaneously died (or maybe it was the clown with the Glock).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is actually surprising is if you run that AR stock collapsed you are almost as short as the shockwave.

You just stole my joy.

I'm waiting to get my hands on the Rem 870tac14 but now...

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad. You can easily collapse the stock but it's a bitch turning that .22 caliber hole out front to a .72 caliber one. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:

Not seeing that at all. (at least not an AR with a 16" barrel)

And the Mossberg is WAY more compact dimensionally.

Very interesting gun.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
An amendment was added to HB 1819 in the Senate to clarify that non-NFA, short-barreled firearms with a pistol grip -- such as the Mossberg 590 Shockwave -- are not unlawful to sell or own in Texas. The Lone Star State is one of just two states where this particular gun cannot currently be sold lawfully. Both laws take effect on September 1, 2017.[/b][/i]

That's nice to know... I guess I'm illegal until 9-1-2017 and better keep that puppy indoors.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post