SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43 vs 43X?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43 vs 43X? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Funny because I kinda never “got” the 43. The G26 May be a bit long in the tooth but it’s a damn good tiny carry gun with far more versatility IMO.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJM AK:
In Tom Givens terms, the 43 is a one to two bad guy gun, and a 43X is a two to three bad guy gun.

World of difference for me shooting the two, with the 43X nearly a 19 in performance. A 43X carries smaller for me than a 26 and draws better because of the longer grip. I am not sure whether because of the marksman barrel or something about the grip, the 43X shoots much smaller groups for me than a 43. The 43X is also ideal for ten round states.

What he said. Unless I have the LCP in a pocket, I'm carrying a Glock in Smart Carry. I have a 26 and 19, but the single stack 43X is much easier to carry. With 21 rds of Gold Dots I'm comfortable going almost anywhere.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Since you already have the 43, you could get a mag guts +2 kit and add 2 rounds to your mag with 1/4"increase in size.

Or get a 48 and have 4 guns for the price of 2.

I like my 43x and carry it a good bit. Easier to carry and shoot than a 26 for me. I can grip it with my whole hand.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
The 43X is utterly useless for me. I own it, dont know why.

Too big for conceal carry, not enough capacity for home defense. I prefer the G26 if I want ten rounds.

Same.

I have a G43 and to me, the natural next step is my G26. I carry the 43, 6+1 is fine by me. But my 26 is at home in case I need it, I still have a Milt Sparks for it in my desk.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
My question to those who have the 43X - was the purchase worth it?

It was, until I shot the P365 and bought it. -snipped

There's a whole lotta truth right there, except for me it's even more pronounced with the P365XL.
I never warmed up to the 43, preferring the 26. When the 43x came out, I liked the full grip.

The XL is one hell of a gun.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the P365, born in October of '18. It worked perfectly, absolutely perfectly, for me, But, the grip is just too small for my arthritic hands to grasp from an AIWB without having the change the grip most of the time. I sold it.

I had a Glock 42 which I love. I had the Glock 43 which was a bit bigger than the 42. But, I sold the 43 when the 43X came out. Got one of the first with the black slide.

The X is definitely "bigger" than the 43 with the longer grip, so I had to make a couple of adjustments in carrying (very minor as in placement of the AIWB within my pants/shorts). Otherwise, the two are pretty interchangeable for carry.

I can't see the utility of a 43 and 43x, at least for my purposes. I do carry an extra mag for all my carry guns, either in a Snag Mag or in an Extracarry mag carrier.

I believe I shoot better with the X than the 43, but the difference is not enough for that, alone, to make me pick the X. The longer grip, however, makes it feel "better" to me and gives me more to hang on to.

The X is my choice over the 43. But, again, if I want to go really small and short, I've got that 42 just waiting to get out of the safe.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Funny because I kinda never “got” the 43. The G26 May be a bit long in the tooth but it’s a damn good tiny carry gun with far more versatility IMO.

Personal fit goes a long way. I recently shot someone's 43x. New stock gun, sights, trigger. Once I got a feel for the trigger I was hitting little rocks at 35 yards.

I had a 26, sights I liked, light Zev Fulcrum trigger, KKM barrel... as much as a liked it, I couldn't shoot it that well at 10 yards.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I can't shoot the 43 or 26 nearly as well as my wife can but I shot my new 43x for the first time yesterday and shoot it as well as my 19. Limited to 10 rounds in NY so after a few more rounds the x will be in my carry rotation. We'll be locked indoors soon for winter but next summer I intend to defeat the 43 and 26, my hands are large and I struggle to shoot either of those well.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

...Limited to 10 rounds in NY...

I thought it was 7 or 8...

I grew up near Syracuse, left the state 33 years ago.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't see the 43X as an improvement on the 43. It's just a different take on the size vs mag capacity tradeoff. BCJ didn't say why he wanted to get the 43X. That reason would likely determine if the buying it would be worthwhile.

If he wants longer grip in a thin gun, the P365XL might be a better choice.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

...Limited to 10 rounds in NY...

I thought it was 7 or 8...

I grew up near Syracuse, left the state 33 years ago.

The Emperor of NY limited us to 7 but the courts tossed it. They didn't amend the law the last time I checked and it's still argued about with some saying 10 only applies to the court jurisdiction that handed down the ruling.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post