SIGforum
Glock 43 vs 43X?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3660018164

October 08, 2019, 12:23 PM
bcjwriter
Glock 43 vs 43X?
So I’m looking at getting a 43X to go with my 43. My question to those who have the 43X - was the purchase worth it? Did the 43X bring enough improvements to make this a gun worth owning?

I find I like the 43 for being small, light, and easy to carry (easier than the J frame 642 I’ve been carrying lately). I use Pearce +1 baseplates... How easy is the 43x?

I plan on keeping the 43 as a gun for when I need the smallest thing possible...

October 08, 2019, 12:46 PM
quote:
My question to those who have the 43X - was the purchase worth it?

It was, until I shot the P365 and bought it. I will consider it again, when Shield Arms releases their 15-rd flush fit mag on the market. It's supposed to be this month, someone on here said. But, I'm not holding my breath.

Q

October 08, 2019, 12:51 PM
sns3guppy
I use Pearce +1 baseplates on my G43; it's about the same size in my pocket as the G43X.

On my G43X, I put yellow Trijicon XR sights on top, and replaced the trigger she with a Vickers, to get rid of the serrations. Otherwise, as stock.

No magazine commonality between the 43 and 43X, of course.

The reality is that the 43X (and 48) are as tall as a G19, just thinner (and shorter, in the case of the G43X). I don't know that the 43X offers improvements beyond capacity and grip length, but it makes sense. It functions well. I can carry the 43X inside the waistband, or in the pocket. The 43 carries a bit better in a pocket holster, but the 43X works, too.
October 08, 2019, 01:30 PM
HRK
I bought a 48, swapped the lower frame to the 43 and have the 43X in all black with Talo sights,

So basically have both, or all three 43, 43x, 48 depending on which i feel like carrying.

Most of the time it remains a 43X configeration, I already had a Talo 43, so it was easy to pick the 48 for versatility..

October 08, 2019, 02:26 PM
Sigmund
Once I got my 43X the 43 went into the back of the safe. Yeah, I had the Pearce +1 making the 43 7+1, but I'm real happy with the 10+1 43X.

I use Smart Carry for GLocks (LCP goes in a pocket) and the 43X fits fine with more rounds and a larger grip. With a spare mag, that's 21 rds of Gold Dots and I'm good with that.

Wait. Can you carry a 10rd mag in the PRK?
October 08, 2019, 02:34 PM
gibby29
I’ve been using Vickers +2s in my 43 and discovered it was the same size as a 43x so I switched for the extra capacity.
October 08, 2019, 06:50 PM
Plasteek
I don’t have a 43X, but imo, if it genuinely fits your needs it should be fine. Personally I like the flexibility of the smaller 43. With all the accessories available now, it can pretty much (although not exactly) emulate a 43X; where the bigger 43X can’t be made to emulate the 43.

The 43X does have the advantage of rounds-per-inch of grip length, giving a one- or two-round advantage in the same size package.

When I bought my 43 last October, the 43X didn’t exist as far as I know so it wasn’t a decision I had to make. If they made one that had the ‘1.5-stack’ grip width of the 43X, the short grip length of the 43, and extended magazines to go with it, it might be the best of both worlds; but even that would be a minor improvement imo.

If I had to make the decision at this point, I suspect I’d still go with the 43 as it does offer the option of being more compact if desired.
October 08, 2019, 08:25 PM
smithnsig
I have both. The 43 has TT +1s and +2s. The +1s are almost flushfit so it’s a really small footprint. The 43x is long but very manageable.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
October 08, 2019, 10:35 PM
bubbatime
The 43X is utterly useless for me. I own it, dont know why.

Too big for conceal carry, not enough capacity for home defense. I prefer the G26 if I want ten rounds.

October 09, 2019, 07:57 AM
Kskelton
I put the hyve +3 and +4 extensions on my Glock 43 mags a while ago, prior to the 43x release, so the 43x didn’t offer anything that I didn’t already have. I like the extensions on the mags because it gives me the capacity and feeling of a 43x, but if I want to I can still put a regular mag in the 43 and have a more compact gun.

www.OneStopFirearms.com
October 10, 2019, 07:03 AM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Too big for conceal carry, not enough capacity for home defense. I prefer the G26 if I want ten rounds.

Man.....this right here. I've tried to get exited about the x and 48. I can't. The 43 can be used for small gun carry. If you claim you can conceal a 48 or X but you can't conceal a 26, you are just making excuses to justify the purchase. 43 or G26. Plus the 26 can be shot at a higher level.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

October 10, 2019, 08:14 AM
sns3guppy
G26/27/33 fits in the pocket fine. A little thick.

G43 fits much better.

G43X fits fine. Feels a lot better in the waistband than a G26.
October 10, 2019, 11:13 AM
Biggy
IMHO, the appeal of small pistols like the Glock 43 and the Sig 365 pistols are of course their small size and mag capacity, 10+1 capacity in the 365. And, when carried in a *good* belt holster that tucks the grip of the gun into your body, they will edge out the 43X in concealability, *but not my much*, and not enough to make a difference to *most* people that have a body in reasonable good shape. Out of the box, the trigger is better on the 365. I think both the 43 and 365 is probably to big to carry in *most* people's pants pockets, let alone safely carrying a striker-fired pistol that way. The inherent accuracy of all three pistols is pretty much a toss up, but I think because of the better out of the box trigger, the 365's practical accuracy just edges out the 43 and 43x. The longer grip fame on the 43x makes it much easier to get a good fast, four fingered grip for a fast draw from concealment. The longer grip and easier to use magazine release of the 43x also makes mag changes easier and faster, with less chance to fumble on one. The full four fingered grip of the 43x also makes the pistol easier to control when shooting fast. There is also more room on the 43 and 43x to put your support hand thumb, where on the 365 and 365x that frame area is very small ( that's important to me). The 365 and 365XL have picatinny rails and a MOS type cut on the 365XL, where the 43X doesn't have these features yet, but they probably will in six months. I had a 365 for a short time, and now it's gone and a new all black 43X with Ameriglo nights sights is in it's place. I will be using the Shield Arms 15 rd mags to feed it, I added a Vicker's (new version 2) flat trigger along with a Glock OEM NP3 coated minus connector, a Wolff 4.5lb striker spring and a light polish job, and now the trigger is just right *for me* for a carry pistol. I also installed a Tau Development SCD for an added measure of safety and it plays nice with the Vicker's trigger. It will be carried in a Harry's Holster's AIWB Executive holster, hanging on a V Development Group, AIWB specific Megingjörð belt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,
October 10, 2019, 01:41 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
I think both the 43 and 365 is probably to big to carry in *most* people's pants pockets, let alone safely carrying a striker-fired pistol that way.

There is absolutely no loss of safety or hazard in pocket carrying the P365, or G43/43X/26/etc.

None at all. They can be carried quite safely, and I do. They conceal well, can e drawn easily enough, and the trigger is absolutely secure in a good pocket holster. Striker fired vs. hammer equipped makes no difference.
October 10, 2019, 02:23 PM
bobandmikako
I had a G43X for a short time, but it really didn't fit any of my needs. For 11 rounds, I like the G26 better. The shorter grip of the G26 is easier to conceal (for me), and I shoot it better. I do like the standard G43 when I want a small, light gun.

十人十色
October 10, 2019, 02:44 PM
Ryanp225
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Man.....this right here. I've tried to get exited about the x and 48. I can't. The 43 can be used for small gun carry. If you claim you can conceal a 48 or X but you can't conceal a 26, you are just making excuses to justify the purchase. 43 or G26. Plus the 26 can be shot at a higher level.

Not to drift but have you tried the 3.6" M&P compared to the G26? For me it carries just as easily and shooting both in IDPA style matches the M&P comes out way ahead.
October 10, 2019, 08:03 PM
stormin
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

I have never understood the 43X either. I’ve owned a G26 as my primary carry for years and it just works for me: IWB, OWB, Pocket, Ankle, you name it.

When I wanted something smaller I got a G43 (had a spell with a 365 that didn’t work out for me). I run a TTI +1 in the gun and a TTI +2 on my spare mags. It totally works for me.

For those that go for the 43X or 48 - I just don’t get it. Why not carry a 26? The option of a 15 or 17 round spare mag is just unbeatable.
October 10, 2019, 08:19 PM
jaybirdaccountant
quote:

I'm in the same camp other than I don't own a 43X. I do have a 43, 19, and 26 though. I just can't see a need for the 43X.
October 10, 2019, 09:17 PM
GJM AK
In Tom Givens terms, the 43 is a one to two bad guy gun, and a 43X is a two to three bad guy gun.

World of difference for me shooting the two, with the 43X nearly a 19 in performance. A 43X carries smaller for me than a 26 and draws better because of the longer grip. I am not sure whether because of the marksman barrel or something about the grip, the 43X shoots much smaller groups for me than a 43. The 43X is also ideal for ten round states.
October 10, 2019, 09:20 PM
Biggy
IMHO, when carried in a *good* belt holster,either inside or outside the waistband, the G43X pistol when using the new Shield Arms flush with the grip 15 round mags, may be the best *overall* concealed carry pistol ever made. I guess time will tell on that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTMUpJ5ZB8

https://youtu.be/TEeyuNUZ1Hk

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,