SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Rx Match video and a winters full of rust

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
P320 Rx Match video and a winters full of rust Login/Join 
posted
Shot some match video from the benefit match one of the clubs had for a fellow shooter that was struck with ARDS while attending Shot Show this year. Luckily he ended up in a hospital with a doctor that has seen this before and they were able to save his life.

The match was setup as a fun wildcat USPSA style match to help Robert and his family pay his medical bills. 83 of us braved 25 degree temperatures at the beginning of the match and fortunately the temps climbed to around 40 in the afternoon. The downside to that though is it made the footing a little greasy on Stage 3 because that bay only has grass on it. I really wanted to push it on this stage like some of the others but never felt comfortable with my footing through the walk through.

This was the second match I've shot using the P320 Rx I picked up last fall and had tuned by Robert Burke. The gun ran great and I can't wait to start shooting this gun regularly this summer and in a little warmer temps. After a winter of very little live fire and a little dry fire I was happy with 2nd in CO and 11th overall for the match.

I left Stage 3 in the video but it was thrown out because during the shooters meeting it was announced that the penalty for not flipping the light switch prior to shooting the stage would be a procedural per shot fired and the first two squads followed that and the last two did not and were only applying one procedural. You gained a significant advantage doing this because shooters were starting at the very far left side of the stage saving a little bit of travel time. I will admit that my almost 50 year old body was screaming for oxygen by the end of the stage.

Enjoy

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2XoGTlGeMc

ETA: The steel stage 1 that I left up was malfunctioning and they were counting this as a downed piece of steel just for hitting it.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
That looks like a fun time WildSig. Very impressed with your run!! Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Report This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! I look forward to shooting my 320RX in Carry Optics this spring.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You on a cold day with a winter full of rust is better than me on my best day. I loved the sound of the poppers on the first stage. Music to my ears, damn I want to go shoot stuff, preferably lots of falling steel.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20812 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Awesome job!!!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
Nice shooting! I look forward to shooting my 320RX in Carry Optics this spring.

There are going to be quite a few of us rocking the P320 Rx this season. I know of at least two others that will be running them and the possibilities of a couple others.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Nicely Done!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done, WildSig!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, lad! Good shooting!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, good shooting for a worthy cause.

Best wishes on the upcoming season.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice shooting . I want a RX 320 soon as funds allow.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Report This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
Just curious but how did you find the brigness of the site during daytime and in the cold? I ran mine last month and if the sun was behind me in the morning, even on full bright I could barely see it. I swapped in a new battery and it was better the next stage. I'm assuming it was just bad timing and direction but just wanted to ask.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting and sweet reloads. Couple times it looked like you brushed the 180 when moving left/reloading but I wasn't there so I assume it was good. Fun stages!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:
Just curious but how did you find the brigness of the site during daytime and in the cold? I ran mine last month and if the sun was behind me in the morning, even on full bright I could barely see it. I swapped in a new battery and it was better the next stage. I'm assuming it was just bad timing and direction but just wanted to ask.

For this match the sun was mostly to my left side so I don't recall having too many issues picking up the dot. I certainly wish the dot was a little bigger than 3 MOA though. The real test will come a week from Saturday. I'll be shooting at a range where the sun is at your back most of the day and there are no trees in the area so if there are bluebird skies it should be a good test for the optic.

I talked with a buddy after the match and he was shooting a Walther Q5 with a Vortex optic and a 6 MOA dot and he said he struggled all day seeing the dot. I just don't remember having that many issues.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Nice shooting and sweet reloads. Couple times it looked like you brushed the 180 when moving left/reloading but I wasn't there so I assume it was good. Fun stages!

This is one thing that I have noticed while video taping matches with the camera on the bill of my cap. It shows a good representation of what you are looking at but not the perspective of where you are at in relation to the 180.

Another reason why I believe NROI will not allow video review of calls during matches.

Picture of rob99vmi04
posted Hide Post
Very nice shooting. IMHO this set up is going to change a lot of how other manufactures sell their product including price point. Sig killed it with this set up.

END TRANSMISSION................

Posts: 540 | Location: NOVA | Registered: August 01, 2005Report This Post