SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Time to refurbish my P239...? Guidance please from those with more experience in this, or SIG custom shop vs Grayguns...Edit: ANSWERED!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to refurbish my P239...? Guidance please from those with more experience in this, or SIG custom shop vs Grayguns...Edit: ANSWERED! Login/Join 
Picture of roadrash
posted Hide Post
Unless it were malfunctioning I would install a new rsa and sights and call it good.

Posts: 558 | Registered: May 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roadrash:
Unless it were malfunctioning I would install a new rsa and sights and call it good.

I would agree with you, if it were just a range gun. But, since chongo said he might put it back in the carry rotation, why not have a complete tune up, especially that it has passed 10K rounds?

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by roadrash:

I would agree with you, if it were just a range gun. But, since chongo said he might put it back in the carry rotation, why not have a complete tune up, especially that it has passed 10K rounds?

Yeah, this will likely go back to being my primary carry once checked and re-sprung. It carries easier than my G19, and shoots easier than my PM9. DA trigger is like butter.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
If you send it to us, I’ll set it up as a favour. All I ask is a fair review.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ OP...Deal of the Decade. If it was me, I'd take it. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Either (1) just do the springs yourself and have the sights replaced or (2) send it to SIG for the SSP.

Then just keep on, keeping on.

Big Grin

ETA - Well, it's hard to turn down Mr Gray on that offer.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Well...Mr. Gray, you certainly just made my day. I'll take you up on that!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chongosuerte,

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Nice offer Mr Gray.
Thats what makes this forum great.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it comes back from Bruce, it will be the carry rotation not just back in it! If a DA/SA trigger can be better than the P226 they worked on for me, I don't know how.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's an offer you can't refuse.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the very supportive comments! Chongo here has been a valued member here for a long time, and I respect him. It's my pleasure to help a brother out.

And, we have something new for the 239 for him to test and evaluate, which we appreciate.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

And, we have something new for the 239 for him to test and evaluate, which we appreciate.

A 22LR conversion kit? Big Grin

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
I'll bet it's a PSAIT trigger for the P239/P225!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post