SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion P226 mods (pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion P226 mods (pics) Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
Obviously we all have different tastes. I personally have never been a fan of the Hogue Grip offerings, so those were the first to go. I prefer the E2 grip and this also allows me to hit the slide stop easier. Nothing wrong with the X-ray sights, but I wanted something more to my taste. Warren rear and Dawson front.
Did some polishing and a 17lbs hammer spring and GGI sear spring.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see how it performs. If anyone can prove out a defense pistol, it's you. And I concurr on the E2 grips. I hadn't always liked them untill I handled a pair. Good shooting.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. We'll be expecting match video and a report on how it performs soon.

I RO'd a guy that was trying to shoot Production with a SAO Legion and when I welcomed him to Open he chuckled and said, "Damn, that was an expensive gun to buy that I now can't use." He still has it because it reminds him of his X5 he used to have but he now shoots Carry Optics with his Walther.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did you refinish it in battle worn something? Because it looks like it on the small cellphone screen.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it is the light or if the gun is refinished, but it looks very cool. Kind of a pewter/worn metal look.

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I can't wait to see how it performs. If anyone can prove out a defense pistol, it's you. And I concurr on the E2 grips. I hadn't always liked them untill I handled a pair. Good shooting.

Thanks David, video to come... if time permits

quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:

I RO'd a guy that was trying to shoot Production with a SAO Legion and when I welcomed him to Open he chuckled and said, "Damn, that was an expensive gun to buy that I now can't use." He still has it because it reminds him of his X5 he used to have but he now shoots Carry Optics with his Walther.

Ha ha... That SAO is sweet, but I can't leave the DA/SA Posse.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Did you refinish it in battle worn something? Because it looks like it on the small cellphone screen.

No, stock finish. Its just horrible pics and the leather padded vise I had it in absorbed all the outside oil. I did a terrible job of reapplying it.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why would it be an open gun? If loaded to 10 I would assume it's production. I only shoot local matches and shoot mine as limited or production.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I am very tempted to get the 229 legion. Beautiful gun!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Why would it be an open gun? If loaded to 10 I would assume it's production. I only shoot local matches and shoot mine as limited or production.

In this case he declared that he was shooting Production. You cannot shoot Production with a Single Action Only gun. Only DA/SA, DAO and striker fired guns are on the Production list and allowed to shoot in Production division.

There are no SAO guns on the approved Production list and the Special Conditions section on page 85 of the USPSA Rule book has the following statement.

- Handguns with external hammers must be fully decocked at the start signal

If they are allowing you to use a SAO Legion to shoot production they are not following the rules.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mine's a DA/SA. That splains it. Don't own any SAO centerfire guns.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Mine's a DA/SA. That splains it. Don't own any SAO centerfire guns.

Then you are good to go. Smile