SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Suarez International P22x trigger.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suarez International P22x trigger. Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys,
I know that Gabe Suarez and his products can be a touchy subject, but I made the purchase without researching people's opinions.

On to the mini review. I put the suarez trigger and a sig short reset kit into my new P228. The gun came with the short reach trigger, which I don't care for (pinches my finger).

The suarez trigger was just under $50 with shipping and arrived just two days after I ordered it (from AZ to OH).

Installation was easy for both the trigger and short reset kit. Fit is tight. There is no room at the bottom of the trigger guard, but it doesn't rub so I'm good to go. There is no slack or take up with the DA pull and the perceived trigger pull is much lighter. The reset is VERY short. I have the SRT kit installed on three other Sigs and none of them feel as short as the P228.

There is an adjustment screw just like on the Grays Guns trigger, but adjustment was unnecessary. Actually, the slightest turn on the screw made the trigger fail to reset in SA. I ended up just removing the set screw, as it was not needed and I didn't want it to walk down on its own and render the gun useless.

Overall the trigger went from a heavier-than-normal typical sig trigger to a superb trigger with just two changes. I considered minor polishing of contact points, but decided to do it the honest way with lots of rounds down range. I fired fifty rounds right after installation for function testing purposes. Very pleased overall.

For me the jury is out still on this Gabe Suarez character.... but it's a good product nonetheless.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The machining, especially the pin holes,is superior on the Grayguns trigger. Also the head of the set screw on the GGI trigger is flat where it hits the frame. The Suarez set screw has a sharp edge to it. (think cookie cutter)

Spend a few extra bucks and buy the best, GGI.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't tried one yet. Had an extra Gray Guns trigger when I bought my 10mm and it works great. Turns out all of my other Sigs use the 8mm trigger. I'll keep these in mind if I ever happen upon an extra P220.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if I were to buy another sig trigger, it will be a Grays Guns. Last time I looked (months ago) they were sold out. I came across the Suarez one night while bored at work and put hated it.
Very happy with it, so no regrets. But like I said before it will be Bruce's trigger in my next project.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one a while ago, other than the set screw backing out, its a great trigger. resets awesome. going to try one of the new flat triggers when the come out

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one I have yet to install. Glad to hear good things from those with them installed already.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So just to clarify - just adding either the Suarez or the Grays Guns trigger will shorten the reset? I thought you needed the SRT kit to do that.

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BTS:
So just to clarify - just adding either the Suarez or the Grays Guns trigger will shorten the reset? I thought you needed the SRT kit to do that.

The Op stated he added the trigger AND the SRT kit. Both the Grayguns trigger and the copy-there-of being discussed have a screw which limits the overtravel, not the reset distance. FWIW.

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah- thanks... Need to work on my reading. Smile

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post