SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL No primer swipe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL No primer swipe Login/Join 
Picture of Poppy6x
posted
Took my P365XL to the range today along with newly acquired Hellcat and Canik subcompact. I was shooting all side by side and decided to check the spent brass since primer swipe is a somewhat frequent subject on this forum. Absolutely no primer swipe on the P365XL or the other two. The Hellcat indent was irregular shaped (sort of a small elongated square) but I wouldn’t call it swiped, it was centered on primer. I do have primer swipe on my standard P365 but I’ve had no problems thru approximately 700 rounds. FWIW, all guns functioned 100% with Canik the winner in the accuracy department. The trigger is really sweet on that one. An insane reset which led to couple of unexpected double taps till I got used to it. Hellcat was second in accuracy with really nice sights. For some reason the trigger on my P365XL is heavier with more take up than my P365. I like flat triggers (have on my P320 variants) but this will take some getting used to, might even send off for some trigger work if doesn’t smooth out after more rounds.
Also, sorry to report that I really liked the Hellcat. I was a little gun shy about buying early release but they’ve had one at a local range which they say has 3,000+ rounds thru it with no problems so I took the plunge.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
If you allow me to put on my tinfoil hat for a second, I almost feel like the XL came out of a need to fix some of the shortcomings we were hearing about the 365 and less about the increased capacity.

A little more slide mass seems like it fixed a lot of the issues.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear some early feedback on some interesting guns. I always almost want to replace my G19 but dont. Might be nice to pick up something super small though.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I have three Caniks ( subcompact elite, compact elite and elite salient combat) now and my G19 sits in the safe. I’m not sure if they would hold up to heavy use over time like Glock but I will never put over 1,000 rounds in either of these. The triggers are fantastic, ergos are better than Glock, and reliability has been 100% with a very w.ide range of 9mm Ammo. And they will fit in a G19 holster, but now they come with RMR cut and a good quality Kydex holster. What’s not to like?

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post