SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best way to sell high end pistols?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best way to sell high end pistols? Login/Join 
posted
I've got some solid Sig pistols I'm thinking of selling. (please don't email, this isn't the solicitation to sell, just looking to pick up some advice)

What would be the best way to sell them? Do any of you have any experience with high end auction sites like Rock Island?

I'm not on gunbroker, is that workable?

Or just list it on Sig forum?

Couple of the first X6s imported by Clubster back when he was on Sigforum with a long list of us (1 P226 9mm and 1 P220 .45), a 1 of 210 engraved P210 that Jaymie from Afton Arms imported from Germany, and a couple of Sport models (also 1 9mm and 1 .45) with the compensators.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I would definitely list them here first with a substantial number of pictures. Too many Sig fans here to not list them here first.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I would definitely list them here first with a substantial number of pictures. Too many Sig fans here to not list them here first.

Agreed, you are definitely going to get a lot of positive response from here...and they are gonna sell fast. Good luck

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I would also start here. I’ve done fine with gunbroker in the past. Just be aware of the fee structure and how the system works.

quote:
Originally posted by sagemind100:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Agreed, you are definitely going to get a lot of positive response from here...and they are gonna sell fast. Good luck

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
SF members number over 80,000 and the integrity of classified section section is the best of any forum. If you can’t sell it here it’s probably priced too high.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
People here seem to pay a fair price for desirable Sig and other guns and you're a lot more likely to find someone here that knows what you are selling.
Flakey buyers and sellers seem to get weeded out here quickly.
Just read and follow the rules at the top of the for sale page carefully first.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
SF members number over 80,000 and the integrity of classified section section is the best of any forum. If you can’t sell it here it’s probably priced too high.

Yep. Para doesn't allow bullshit interference in classifieds. If your item is too high, people aren't going to put you on blast for it.

Plus, you'll have some experts on the pistols chime in. If there is any question of the history of that model, someone will fill in the blanks: "that pistol was made between January-February 2012 with a production of 1500 models. If the serial number ends in 5, that means it was made on a Friday. Only 200 of the 1500 produced were two-tone..."

What I've come to grudgingly accept is that there is almost never a question that can stump the membership of this forum or an area of expertise that isn't covered.

Too many intelligent people here. Big Grin

(I'm not one of them, though)...

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, give SF members first shot.

Selling at auctions you will have to pay fees. Plus, you have more chances of running into asshole bidders. The last gun I sold on GB, this local college professor Roll Eyes won the gun. We arranged for meeting time/place. At the last minute, the jerk emailed me to pull out of the deal. I ended up not relisting it and sold it locally to another buyer. But, I lost the seller's fee to GB. Pissed me off. Mad

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you consider "high end".

It's just a Sig after all.

A lot of people don't consider Sigs as "high end"

Glock 19
HK P2000sk
Sig P226
Spikes AR15 Middy
CA94 MP5 clone

Posts: 683 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnw91498:

And, a lot of people would consider a SIG X6 a high end pistol. A SIG is not just a SIG. An engraved P210 is not just another SIG. A Sport P226 or Sport P220 is not just another SIG. Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

There you have it.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yes, give SF members first shot.

Selling at auctions you will have to pay fees. Plus, you have more chances of running into asshole bidders. The last gun I sold on GB, this local college professor Roll Eyes won the gun. We arranged for meeting time/place. At the last minute, the jerk emailed me to pull out of the deal. I ended up not relisting it and sold it locally to another buyer. But, I lost the seller's fee to GB. Pissed me off. Mad

Did you at least report him to GB?

And to the OP: yes, you should post your guns here on the forum first.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Did you at least report him to GB?

Yes, reported him NPB. Did me no good, but hopefully, they will eventually NARU him, if he keeps pulling stunts like that. Goes to show, just because you're highly educated doesn't necessarily mean you have integrity/honesty.

Q

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

C'mon man, play nice. Confused

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "high end", but you'll find all levels on Gunbroker. I've used it almost exclusively to buy and sell when doing so online.

I've found it to be the most workable and to have a significant market. Gunsamerica is also okay, but I don't think there is as much oversight or control.

Gunbroker has pistols like you mention sold by FFLs and others. I think, personally, it's your best bet if you are intent on auction.

If you are willing to sell, set a price that is, then I'd go with the forum here.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just what exactly is your malfunction? You want to troll us? Huh? What's your problem, troll?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...240009144#2240009144

You're about three syllables away from banishment, Mister Smart Shit. You wanted attention, and now you have it.

You have three choices:

• Be quiet and live to troll us another day

• Explain yourself

• Pull a John Wayne on your way out. Crash and burn.

I figure the likelihood of occurrence is 3,1,2, in descending order. What's it gonna be?
  •  
    Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Sooooooo . . .

Whats for Sale . . heard a P210 in the Mix . . .

I'm Ur Huckleberry . . .

Posts: 71 | Registered: April 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Cobra21
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mr Bill @ SC:
    Sooooooo . . .

Whats for Sale . . heard a P210 in the Mix . . .

I'm Ur Huckleberry . . .

Better tap the brakes there Speed Racer...

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks!

So how do you folks normally handle shipping and handling (FFL) fees? You pay? They pay? Split? All of my buys have been via FFL/Stores or face to face.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post