SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    School me on the Sig P250subC 9mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School me on the Sig P250subC 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of JGIORD
posted
I know it's old but I never got my hands on one. Can someone provide measurements for the 9mm sub compact. How heavy is the trigger pull? Any comparison pictures to other comparable pistols would be great.

Any issues with them? I've read about restrike capability, is there a serial number sequence I should look for? How can I tell? I am currently eyeing one online so I could use some help.

I've tried many P239's and just don't care for the size vs capacity and they just never felt good to me. I also frequently thumbs the slide stop so I got many failures to lock back.

I love the P229 but it's just too big for a carry gun IMHO.

The 2022 also seems to be a bit too big for carry but I keep eyeing them as well.

I'm basically looking for something in the G43 - PPS range with a hammer. Would prefer DA/SA but a good DAO may work.

Thanks

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's currently my favorite pistol and daily carry. I have a compact with a SC frame installed and two sub-compacts. You asked for comparison photos-compared to what? Be glad to send 'em or post 'em if I can. Currently Cabela's still has them in stock, if not your local store you can order for in store delivery. Last time I checked they were $449, if you decide to go that way shoot me a PM, I may have a couple discount codes you can use.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fredward

Comparisons to a P229, P239, G26, G19, G43, PPQ, PPS, CM9 of CW9

Any of those would be able to give me a good idea.

Thanks

Can you give me an idea as to the length of the trigger pull and how hard it is? Is is similar to a Kahrs?

THanks

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Specifications are in the P250 Owner's Manual on the SIG website.

For the 9mm subcompact, the specs are:
3.6" barrel
6.7" long
4.7" high
1.1" wide
24.9 ounces
5.5-6.5 lb. trigger weight

The trigger pull is long, but it is the same weight as a P320 trigger and from the same to a pound heavier than a standard Glock trigger.

Below is a photo of a Ruger LC9 (7rd), M&P Shield 9 (7rd), and P250SC 9 (12rd).

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP is interested in 9mm, but as a sidebar I'm a new owner of a p250 subcompact in .45. I like this gun! Especially the DAO trigger. I've read all the dirt about ATF not wanting the 250, and the Danish police force rejecting it....the first thing I thought of was the arms being twisted behind the scenes by HK and Walther. Anyway, I wanted a small 45 for carry. Had a Glock 36 but didn't like it....lots of felt recoil and bad ergos for my hand. Not so with the p250....just a nice push. And I shoot this gun just as well as my 220 and 239 Sigs in SA. Highly recommended.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The Ruger LC9 and M&P Shield are both very good pistols, but to me it's worth the larger size of the P250 to have five additional rounds.

I bought a P250 .40 Subcompact about four years ago for backup/off duty and really liked it. A couple of years ago, I bought a P320 .40 Compact and put the subcompact grip frame on it for backup/off duty.

I prefer the P320, but I shoot both pistols frequently and have .357 Sig barrels for both in case my agency starts allowing that caliber.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and pic. The trigger sounds much like a Kahr. I’m still working on getting used to that so I will definitely need to put some time in.

Ken, I’m a big Glock fan but agree 100% that the G36 had a punishing recoil. Not so bad with the G30, but that is fatter than a brick. I’ve decided to stick with 9MM for carry as I find it a pleasure to shoot and I’m pretty effective with it. I save the .45acp for the range and a 1911.

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Jgiord...on the comparison to Kahrs' triggers, I'd say very similar to the p250. Long pull, smooth and a very predictable break at the end. I have CM9 and CW380 Kahrs that I like very much, and I shoot both well. The pull is a little heavier with the Sig, but the same theme. Great triggers all.

Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ken

Good to hear. I do occasionally short stroke a kahr when doing double taps, but that just means more training

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
It's about the size of the m&p compac.. About halfway between the size of a g26 and a G19. I have one and really like it. I got it on sale at field and stream for $350ish I think.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a P250SC 40cal for about 6 months. I loved the gun then and still love it now, but have recently switched over to the smaller, lighter P290 in 9mm...... Reason: I can pocket carry the 290, which is my preferred method of carry, but not the 250. I must say though that the trigger on the 250 is much smoother and sweeter than that on the 290 even though they are both hammer fired/double action.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Well the P250 SC arrived yesterday. It feels a bit heavier than I thought it would. The trigger is very smooth and light, very impressive for a hammer fired gun. I do believe it is very similar to a Kahr trigger.

My biggest problem is learning to fully let out the trigger on reset as I occasionally short stroke it in rapid fire, but that is a matter of practice.

Mine came in with just contrast sight. The front sight looks easy enough to push out, but the rear sight doesn't look easy. Any suggestions on how this comes out? I may just get a front night sight.

I can't wait to take it to the range. I've decided to retire the G43 and replaced it with a Kahr CW9 but I am looking at alternatives with the P250 being a possibility.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
Well the P250 SC arrived yesterday. It feels a bit heavier than I thought it would. The trigger is very smooth and light, very impressive for a hammer fired gun. I do believe it is very similar to a Kahr trigger.

My biggest problem is learning to fully let out the trigger on reset as I occasionally short stroke it in rapid fire, but that is a matter of practice.

Mine came in with just contrast sight. The front sight looks easy enough to push out, but the rear sight doesn't look easy. Any suggestions on how this comes out? I may just get a front night sight.

I can't wait to take it to the range. I've decided to retire the G43 and replaced it with a Kahr CW9 but I am looking at alternatives with the P250 being a possibility.

Curious why you retired the G43. I'm thinking about getting one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a forum that is largely devoted to the SIG P250 (P250SIG dot com) that has a lot of info. It doesn't receive a whole lot of traffic these days since SIG discontinued all but the .22lr version of the P250. Somewhere on it is a thread that will tell you which generation of P250 you have.

The design of the P250 rear sight is completely proprietary and to my knowledge no aftermarket rear sight is available for the P250. SIG did make a version of their Siglite night sights for the P250 in addition to the contrast sights. The rear sight is not adjustable for windage, although the front sight is a traditional dovetail type and can be drifted for windage.

To remove the P250 rear sight requires partial slide disassembly. There are youtube videos on P250 slide disassembly and assembly. The firing pin actually goes through the rear sight and the rear sight retains the extractor, and houses and retains the firing pin safety lock and spring. To remove the sight, you would need to drive out a roll pin, and take out the firing pin to get the sight out.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:

Curious why you retired the G43. I'm thinking about getting one.

The G43 is a great gun and has never given me any problems. I have always had issues with Glock knuckle (which also happens with the G43), shooting any other pistol I don't have this problem, with the exception of the H&K P2000 I had. That was caused by the placement of the mag release. I've taken a dremel to the Glock as much as I am comfortable doing but the problem, although better, is still there. I have very small chunky hands and sausage fingers. The trigger on the G43 is also a bit heavier than other Glocks I've had.

Its just a matter of over a period of time at the range, I've found the Kahr CW9 to be a much more comfortable gun to shoot with the same accuracy and reliability and it feels just as comfortable to carry even though it is slightly longer in height. Plus it holds 1 extra round.

If you do get the G43 I highly recommend Night Fission night sights. I got them and they are really nice and much cheaper than Trijicon.

Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
There is a forum that is largely devoted to the SIG P250 (P250SIG dot com) that has a lot of info. It doesn't receive a whole lot of traffic these days since SIG discontinued all but the .22lr version of the P250. Somewhere on it is a thread that will tell you which generation of P250 you have.

The design of the P250 rear sight is completely proprietary and to my knowledge no aftermarket rear sight is available for the P250. SIG did make a version of their Siglite night sights for the P250 in addition to the contrast sights. The rear sight is not adjustable for windage, although the front sight is a traditional dovetail type and can be drifted for windage.

To remove the P250 rear sight requires partial slide disassembly. There are youtube videos on P250 slide disassembly and assembly. The firing pin actually goes through the rear sight and the rear sight retains the extractor, and houses and retains the firing pin safety lock and spring. To remove the sight, you would need to drive out a roll pin, and take out the firing pin to get the sight out.

Thanks Pblanc. I will go and check it out. Based on your description I will most likely just get a front sight...lol

posted Hide Post
P250 rear night sights are available from CDNN for $10 + shipping.

These are two of the better videos on P250 slide disassembly and reassembly.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Thanks GC70....good videos

posted Hide Post
Jgiord, from your last couple posts, we have a few more guns in common, beyond the p250 Sig. I'm with you on the Kahr CM9...great trigger, shoots well, nice and small, good build quality. I also have a Glock 43, which I also like a lot. It's right in there for me with the CM9. I'm no Glock fanboy, but the 43 is a real favorite of mine. Then, there's the HK 2000sk, a gun I really want to like. Problem is, I don't shoot it well and never have. Can't master the trigger, even in SA. I like all the HK history and military bearing, and it's like a BMW to look at and handle. But it just doesn't work for me like my other guns do. I also have a HK 45 Compact which I like more, but I don't like the SA trigger on this gun very much either. If the chips were down and I wanted a 45, I'd be reaching for the p220 Sig. Or the 250 after I get more rounds through it.

Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Ken,

I know what you mean. I feel like I have pretty much tried them all.

I will say you should get your hands on a Walther PPQ. Best gun I’ve ever handled bar none!

I went from carrying a Colt Commander 1911 and eventually worked my way down in size to the PM9. Now I’ve decided that I would be more comfortable with more capacity, hence the upsizing trend.

However, for pocket carry the PM9 can’t be beat.