Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

239 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the mighty P239 will make a come back then. I sure love my SAS two tone in 357Sig. One day I hope to buy another exactly like it.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've had the one I purchased used sitting on my desk for over two weeks now... and have yet to shoot it.... maybe Wednesday afternoon... but now that I think about it... I don't think I will make it to my range before sunset.... outdoor gun club surrounded by sub-divisions and you can't shoot after sunset. one day I'll get to see what y'all are talking bout with these P239s.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Lets not forget that owners of a P239 in either .357 Sig or .40 S&W can convert their pistol to the other caliber by supplying a new barrel and magazines. To convert either of these to 9mm only requires a barrel and 9mm recoil spring. (My OEM .357 Sig functions perfectly in 9mm with these magazines or those marked for ".40 S&W".)

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
I still have my 239/40 & love the pistol, great shooter & very reliable, Even better in 357Sig cal but unfortunately I ended up selling my 357Sig barrel... The Dam ammo is just soo expensive..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Some of the older government contract guns have nickel plated controls, grip screws, etc. from the factory.

If you have the original box, check the item number for a "-G' on the end.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Love my 239. Did yours come with the same Nill grips in the picture above?

I've got a lot of rounds through mine. It came as .40, but I've got a threaded 9mm barrel and a bunch of mags for it. One of these days I'm going to send it to SIG to get it gone over. I'd guess it's got over 10,000 rounds. I replaced it with a Glock 19 for my CCW.

I thought Gray Guns was going to work on it for you.

I guess I fell through the cracks. I followed up with repeat attempts as asked but never heard back. Did not complain due to their positive history here and the gun has stayed in the safe.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
P239 is the one pistol Sig should NOT have discontinued,IMHO.

I totally agree. Yes, it is heavy compared to plastic guns, and it is lower capacity than some, but it conceals very well, the grip is just tall enough and wide enough for those with larger hands to get a good grip, and the weight makes it more shootable. With crimson trace grips it is an awesome carry gun. I recently looked at the new P365. Very nice, but the grip is just too small.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kinda liken the 239 to my P7M8, totally different creature, but both just seem like an extension of my hand, and just naturally point.
haven't really found a polymer gun that feels that way, at least to me.

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
I’m going off of memory which is never a good thing, but I thought Sig did a Gun of the Month once with nickel controls.

Yup. Got one. It came in satin nickel, .40S&W, with a Hogue wrap-around. Fun, but snappy.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
I've added a few things to my P239, since it is a keeper:

1. Hogue G-10 grips. Grippy and thin.
2. Galloway +2 magazine extensions on two magazines, the original +2 magazine extensions on two others, and two plain magazines = 6 total.
3. Trijicon HD XR sights. These feature a very narrow but bright front sight (orange ring around the tritium bottle) and a wide rear sight (.169 inches wide). This combination makes it easy to acquire the front sight but allows those of us with glasses to see more space between the front sight and edges of the rear sight than normal sights -- making the pistol easier to aim accurately.

The contrasting color controls mentioned by the OP and shown in the photos look good. Mine is more homely.

Lots of discussions on the P239 on this forum show that this pistol has a loyal following, which it deserves.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Love my 239. Did yours come with the same Nill grips in the picture above?

I've got a lot of rounds through mine. It came as .40, but I've got a threaded 9mm barrel and a bunch of mags for it. One of these days I'm going to send it to SIG to get it gone over. I'd guess it's got over 10,000 rounds. I replaced it with a Glock 19 for my CCW.

I thought Gray Guns was going to work on it for you.

I guess I fell through the cracks. I followed up with repeat attempts as asked but never heard back. Did not complain due to their positive history here and the gun has stayed in the safe.

Two words, sir:

Robert Burke Big Grin

You will not fall through the cracks and will be extremely pleased!

Promise Smile

(ask me how I know Wink )

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post