Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

239 Login/Join 
posted
good morning all..
I recently purchased a 239, trying to find out a little about this model, it is blued, however the slide release,decocker level, hammer, and trigger all appear to be stainless.. makes for a very pretty gun, particularly with the Nill grips on it...anyone have any idea what model this was??? thanks.

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The “controls” wouldn’t be stainless steel. They are no doubt nickel plated, and were probably finished aftermarket.

If there is anything unusual about the gun, posting photos would make it much easier to identify.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
As sigfreund said, not factory done. I did that to my 9mm P239 a few years ago.

P239NCleft1k-2 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put the Hogue grips on it last nite, looks EXACTLY like your gun!!

Posts: 86 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Maybe it is my gun. I sold mine in 2015. Smile

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did you replace it with?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gary, it is a sweet shooter, should have kept it!!

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Still have mine:

The nickel plated parts are, however, factory; that’s why I don’t have plated mag catch or hammer.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Don't let that stubby little thing fool you. The 239 is an amazing shooter.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought another this summer, in .357 Sig. I always liked the P239.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am amazed at how well mine shoots the fo-tay.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
What did you replace it with?

I still have a P239 two-tone in .40 with a 9mm barrel.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Love my 239. Did yours come with the same Nill grips in the picture above?

I've got a lot of rounds through mine. It came as .40, but I've got a threaded 9mm barrel and a bunch of mags for it. One of these days I'm going to send it to SIG to get it gone over. I'd guess it's got over 10,000 rounds. I replaced it with a Glock 19 for my CCW.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I bought one about 7-8 years ago. I took it to the range, and it was a friggin' laser. Iwasthinkin' "I'm bad", when one of the range guys came up and told me everybody shoots a 239 well. He then proceeded to run a mag through mine, and made my group look like birdshot from 100 meters!!

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Love my 239. Did yours come with the same Nill grips in the picture above?

I've got a lot of rounds through mine. It came as .40, but I've got a threaded 9mm barrel and a bunch of mags for it. One of these days I'm going to send it to SIG to get it gone over. I'd guess it's got over 10,000 rounds. I replaced it with a Glock 19 for my CCW.

I thought Gray Guns was going to work on it for you.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason(s), my P239 .40 also shoots as well as my big Sigs.

I suspect the single stack places the trigger finger in a better position than the big Sigs. which have a fairly large grip for some shooters. While some don't like the feel of the P239 grip, that's probably offset by the better trigger control.

One day I was shooting steel at 15 yards with my P320FS .40. It was a death ray, hits...hits...hits. When I was through, I switched to my "little" P239 .40 which I was carrying. Dang, hits...hits...hits. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jackpot41;
Congrats on your new purchase.
The P239 is a great gun.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
P239 is the one pistol Sig should NOT have discontinued,IMHO.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can not conceive of ever getting rid of my 239 9mm. It make me look like I know how to shoot a handgun......and that is difficult to do!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I can not conceive of ever getting rid of my 239 9mm. It make me look like I know how to shoot a handgun......and that is difficult to do!!

I never understood this decision either considering a number of states have magazine limit restrictions.

I’m going off of memory which is never a good thing, but I thought Sig did a Gun of the Month once with nickel controls.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post