SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Venturing to the other side...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Venturing to the other side... Login/Join 
posted
Bought a HK VP9 this week. I have always been mainly a DA/SA guy, except for my G23. I shot great groups with this gun first time to the range.

Anyone else ventured over to the dark side?

Posts: 83 | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a VP9 right after they came out a few years ago. I sold it a week later.
For some reason and I'm sure it was just me, it had a strange recoil impulse. No problems feeding ammunition or anything but I didn't like it. First HK I didn’t like.
If I ever buy another HK, it'll be an older USP model.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I to bought one right when they first came out. I was going to try it for IDPA matches but never did. I did lend it to 2 friends to shoot IDPA and they loved it so much they bought one for them self. It handles great and fits good in my hand. I like the way you can configure the grip to fit your hand size.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a USP Expert in 9mm. Since the X5s are so hard to get I thought I would try one of these. Nice pistol for a lot less than an X5.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Yes, I too bought one when they first came out. After one range session I sold it to my brother because of the trigger slap.

I wanted to try again and tried my step-brother's and it felt good so I bought a 2nd one, this time in gray. This one's trigger is much better.

Congratulations on your first VP9. They are good guns and pretty cheap.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say HK knocked this one out of the park. The grip panel options, in my opinion, gives the best grip on a pistol I have ever held. I wish more makers would do something like this instead of just the back straps.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I've had a VP9 since they came out. The grip out of the box has worked well for me, so I've not bothered to change it. It's reliable and accurate, but I still like my Glock 19 better for carry.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a VP9 and a SK. They are tack drivers for me. I carry the sk frequently.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the VP9 before the PPQ and P320. I agree with the earlier poster that it has a bit of a strange recoil feel. It yaws in my hand a bit, so during rapid fire it strings to the right a bit for me.

I bought it for the changeable panels all around, but even with all large, it feels a bit small to me still. But it does just fee good in your hand. My mag paddles stick up a bit into the trigger guard and would poke my finger when the trigger broke, so I had to file them down flush (HK sent me new paddles but they were the same). Would prefer a button mag release anyway.

I found the trigger to be decent, but prefer the P320 and PPQ.

Easy enough to shoot slow fire (below) but I have to death grip to control it well rapid fire.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post