SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    BDA 9mm - shooting impressions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BDA 9mm - shooting impressions? Login/Join 
posted
Have always loved my P220 in .45, 226 in 9mm, and 229 in .40, but was wondering if anyone has any shooting impressions of the old 1970s BDA 9mm? Thinking of getting one and don't see any video of anyone shooting it in 9mm. Thanks for any actual shooting experience folks can share.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its like shooting a 226 while holding a 220. except for the mag release. I like the 220 9's, but at this point much about them is rare so I don't shoot mine too often.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I believe mine was a 1977. It was a beautiful pistol all around. I did a good job of storing it but never fired a round through it. Sold to a Member from Alabama while he was stationed in Germany. Those early Browning marked P220s are among the prettiest P220s I've ever seen. The only one I admire more is Paras' 7.65 P220. Such a unique variation of a great pistol.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Consider shopping for one in 38 Super.

The same capacity at about the same price, but more fun!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny - I’ve seen the 7.65 and the 38 super for sale locally but not the 9. Decided against the 7.65 because I didn’t want to buy even more ammo of another type and the 38 super was super priced. (Higher, I mean. )

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 9mm BDA years ago. For me, it carried and shot like an overgrown P225. I sold it. Of course, I regret that now!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16003 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I now have a choice to make since all are available: a P220 with orig box in .38 super, the BDA in 9mm, a BDA in 45, and a P220 in 7.65.

I already have a great P220 and a W German triple matching P226 in 9mm, so I'm personally leaning toward the BDA in 9 - I won't have to get into yet another cal. and the limited number appeals to me. Of course, the .38 with all orig materials costs more but....I also don't believe in buying pieces I'm only going to lock away. No fun in that.Whatever I get I'm going to shoot, at least for fun.

Sometimes we're faced with some great first-world decisions.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
My 220 9MM is a later,'95, version but it is as hrcjon says. Much as I like the Super, my loads for it tend to be on the energetic side, and I prefer a steel frame. Overall, if forced to choose between guns chambered in 9MM or 38 Super, I'd have to go with the 9MM.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough choices that list. Me personally I'd just suck it up and get the list. I have never seen all those in one place. But one...I'd get the .38 super.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's tempting but seeing as i already have 380,9,40, and 45 - I just can't seeing adding another caliber these days. And I like the look of and the rarity of the BDA in 9mm. If I had the $...