SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo 1 Pro Opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo 1 Pro Opinions Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
Anyone here have any experiences with the Romeo 1 Pro? I'm wanting to get a different P320 and the RXP line looks attractive. Problem is I'm not finding out much on the Romeo 1 Pro.

The jury on the Romeo 1 seems to be it's crap and to avoid. About the only agreement I see on the 1 Pro is that it's not worth the $400 MAP if you buy it seperate. I know there's better options, but for the RXP combo, is it good enough?

Posts: 4120 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in this as well. I'm looking for a direct fit optic for a 320 Legion.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a range only pistol, the Romeo 1 Pro should be OK. However if you are going to depend your life on it, or if you are going to seriously compete with it, I would look at other options. Regardless of brand marketing, it is still a lower tier made in China optic, and reviews have shown it to lack durability.

The Deltapoint Pro is the choice of the military and is a direct fit to the slide cuts that are compatible with the R1Pro. The Trijicon RMR is still the standard, and some newer R1Pro slide cuts have holes drilled for direct mount.

Personally, I am going with an Apex mount and included front sight for an Aimpoint ACRO.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
I'm interested in this as well. I'm looking for a direct fit optic for a 320 Legion.

I've got a DDP on my Legion. Galloway Precision makes a $8 rear sight to pop in the back of the DDP, but it requires a .405" front sight which makes the entire setup absurdly tall.

My purpose is for range toy and home defense. I'm not going to do any kind of Sage Dynamics torture test or CCW it.

I've thought about snagging a M18 and build it up, but the rear sight is on the plate. CH Precision makes a plate that adds a Glock rear dovetail, but after getting co-witness night sights and a red dot, in about $200ish more than the RXP.

Posts: 4120 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I am also interested in this for my P320 Legion. I have an RMR on a gen 5 Glock 17 and I am leaning very heavily toward the Deltapoint Pro for the Legion. This gun will not be a CCW and most likely won’t be used for home defense. Will be a range/competition toy and may be used for future classes. Has anyone used both optics and is there a clear cut winner?

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I am also interested in this for my P320 Legion. I have an RMR on a gen 5 Glock 17 and I am leaning very heavily toward the Deltapoint Pro for the Legion. This gun will not be a CCW and most likely won’t be used for home defense. Will be a range/competition toy and may be used for future classes. Has anyone used both optics and is there a clear cut winner?

For competition, the DPP is much better than the RMR because of the bigger/wider glass. It gets a bit harder when you look at the SRO. It'll be easier to co-witness done you won't need as tall iron sights, but you do get lens distortion at the very edges of the SRO's glass while there none for the DPP.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
For a range only pistol, the Romeo 1 Pro should be OK. However if you are going to depend your life on it, or if you are going to seriously compete with it, I would look at other options. Regardless of brand marketing, it is still a lower tier made in China optic, and reviews have shown it to lack durability.

The Deltapoint Pro is the choice of the military and is a direct fit to the slide cuts that are compatible with the R1Pro. The Trijicon RMR is still the standard, and some newer R1Pro slide cuts have holes drilled for direct mount.

Personally, I am going with an Apex mount and included front sight for an Aimpoint ACRO.

Hold the phone !
I do believe that R1P is made in Wilsonville, Oregon.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the RXP C combo. The Romeo1Pro works like a dream. I can't speak to it's durability, though.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try the RXP combo. If you eventually have problems, you can always spend the coin for the Deltapoint.

To me, that logic & decision is a slam dunk and Sig was smart to introduce that flexibility while for its revised, attractively-priced combo involving its own optic.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
After a loooong wait after getting my M-17, I got my Romeo pro in September last year. So, 9 months in I have no complaints. I really like the shroud that came with it. Now, that said, I am not hard on my weapons... shooting range every other weekend but rotate what I shoot by my mood. The M-17 has gone out about 6 times with at least 100 rounds each.

So 600 rounds after zero and I haven’t touched adjustments or had any malfunction. I can not say that about the Romeo 1 on my 226. It performs well but I would sat every third or fourth time I take it out, a click or two is needed.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:Hold the phone !

Sig Electro-Optics is located there, but I cannot find anything from Sig or any review stating that the R1Pro is made there. If it was "Made in the USA" I think Sig would be putting that all over the place for marketing reasons.

Anyone have the box it came in showing where it was made?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sig Electro-Optics is located there, but I cannot find anything from Sig or any review stating that the R1Pro is made there. If it was "Made in the USA" I think Sig would be putting that all over the place for marketing reasons.

Designed by SIG in Oregon.
Assembled in Philippines.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Romeo 1 Pro is approved by the LA County Sheriff's Department for use on a handgun. They ran a fairly extensive testing regimen with it.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been running a romeo1 pro on my legion for about 6 months. Before that I had a delta point pro on it.

I could not be happier with the romeo1 pro. It sits lower on the legion than the deltapoint pro so you can co-witness the stock front sight with the built in sight on the romeo.

I have romeo1's, romeo1 pro's, deltapoint pro's, romeozero and a RMR. All but the RMR have been rock solid. The only issue I had was with the RMR (type 1) was the dot would flicker with recoil. I fixed it with a sealing plate. Since then all of the red dots have been perfect.

Now I don't use any of the RDS's as a hammer like they do in the "test" videos but i do shoot them a lot and I do not baby them. Get what you want and enjoy. If there is an issue the manufacturer will make it right.

Do not trust everything you read online about the romeo1 line, there are a ton of people running them on this forum. If there was an issue with them you would see a bunch of post complaining about them on this forum. I have not seen many since they were released 3 to 4 years ago.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I just brought the Romeo I on a P320C last week. I only have about 50-75 rounds through it, but at this point in time, the jury is still out.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:
quote:

Late to the party on this one but DirectDrive is spot on...

https://ibb.co/w42S6F3

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I have a Romeo1 6 MOA on my P320 X5, and have shot about 11000 rounds with it in the last 2 years, practice, classes and matches. Other than a bit finicky turning on every now and then ( battery change fixes this, so may be low) it has been fine. Holds zero and glass is fine. And as a competition gun, it is not babied. I have a Romeo1Pro on the back up P320 Legion. So far same performance. I expect no less. The few issues I have heard about were handled by warrantee work quickly. DPP are far more a concern with the USPSA guys I have shot with.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried my Romeo 1 Pro for the first time on Saturday at the range. I picked up the new P320 X-Carry package that included it.

Very happy with it so far. I like the 6 MOA dot (very crisp even though I have an astigmatism) and actually prefer the sight over my previous RMR. I like the wider view and the dot seems to work better for my eyes.

Posts: 425 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well the Philippines ain't China...

so they got that going for them....

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got six separate SIG pistols with Romeo1’s in 3 and 6 MOA, thousands of rounds through each, never the slightest problem except for two of the first generation sights that tended to kill batteries after a few weeks in the safe.

Still regularly use the 6 MOA units, batteries last about a year of regular use, but I use it at setting 3 for the most part, which is brighter than the smaller MOA Romeo1 at the highest setting.

Have switched to RMR Type 2 on my carry 226 SAO and Optic-Ready VP9, but the Romeos have been quite solid, and none are “made in China”.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post