SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ P10C Shipped today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ P10C Shipped today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just notified my local toy store is receiving a few next week. I placed my order. Cannot shoot it for a month (?) or so until my pace maker is in a bit longer. Can't wait!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Results today for my P-10C with a Glock 4 lb striker spring, and 0.010" shim stock on each side of the front sight, Atlanta Arms 115 JHP, LPA adjustable rear sight. Windy, and I'm a little rusty. I only did this once. Today. The pistol is excellent, mechanically.

https://youtu.be/c9BicnD-YA0

Can't wait to get at least a full size and maybe a 5" version later this year. Or next.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word or rumors as to when the FS will come out?

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Valuable information for competitive shooters. A Glock 4 pound striker spring will work with at least some primers. Wonder what the measured trigger "weight" becomes? Also: LPA adjustable sights apparently fit. Will look up part number. Thought only Springfield used LPA.

Do not understand the use of "0.010 shim stock on each side of front sight." Perhaps the shims were placed between the slide and frame near the front of the pistol to reduce slop. How were they attached?

Thanks for reporting your results!

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320Mac--the CZ P-10C pull is 4-1/2 lbs after installing the 4 lb striker spring. The sight shims are tiny shims cut to fit on the sides of the front sight to fill up more of the notch when viewed from behind, attached with epoxy. Same effect as installing a wider front sight.

There is no slop in this pistol.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe L:
Results today for my P-10C with a Glock 4 lb striker spring, and 0.010" shim stock on each side of the front sight, Atlanta Arms 115 JHP, LPA adjustable rear sight. Windy, and I'm a little rusty. I only did this once. Today. The pistol is excellent, mechanically.

https://youtu.be/c9BicnD-YA0

Can't wait to get at least a full size and maybe a 5" version later this year. Or next.

Joe

Correct the grip in the video, and it will shoot a whole lot better.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe L: Ah so! Now I understand. Goal was a wider front sight. OK. Thanks.

. . . and I understand the resulting trigger "weight" after changing the striker spring. Sometimes when using a lighter striker spring in other pistols, the striker encounters a reload with a primer that is not 100% touching bottom with a resulting need to hit the primer a second time. Federal primers are reputed not to have such issues, but have been unobtainable.

Thanks! Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Correct the grip in the video, and it will shoot a whole lot better.

I'm missing some nerves and muscles in my left wrist and thumb, thus I'm primarily a right handed bullseye shooter, not a two handed run and gunner. Grip shown will have to do. I've done OK out to 200 yards with left hand the way it is.

Joe

posted Hide Post
Got LUCKY TODAY! I was strolling through my LGS today and sitting on the 9mm shelf was a CZ P-10C in FDE. Price was fair at $509. I have not shot it yet, but I can say the trigger is very gritty. I have dry fired over 100 times and can say I feel a great improvement. Search on web indicated this is normal and grittyness will disapate while breaking in. I'll provide a range report soon. I have my CCW bi-annual qualification this weekend and will be shooting my Sig 1911, so a range report might be next week.

Sig 1911 .45 ACP Scorpion
Sig P239 SAS .40
Sig P320 Carry 9mm
Sig P938 9mm
CZ P-10C 9mm
S&W Victory .22
M&P Full size .40/9mm
Ruger SR .22

Posts: 15 | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds as if some packing material might have found its way into the action. When the trigger smooths out, do provide some measurements.

Mac in Michigan

Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
How do these compare in size to a glock 19? Judging by the pictures it looks like the grip may be little longer.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J0hnF:
Grip texture is a little aggressive at first but got used to it quickly. Now I have to have one.

That's good to hear. I finally held one at a gunshow this weekend, and I didn't like the grip texture. My first thought was that this won't be fun to shoot at all. Felt great otherwise.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mag release on my P10c pistol went from being to hard to use quickly, to being a non issue and just about right in terms of the thumb pressure needed to release a fully loaded mag . All that was needed was to let the magazines loaded for four days so their springs could take a set. That being said, I think I would have preferred if they had not beveled the mag release button/ pad quite as much as they did, so it would have a little more surface area to press on. Also, the slide release/lock has also gotten a little easier to use/release, but its not quite there yet. I would much prefer it had a slight shelve like the Vicker's Glock slide release. I am pretty sure the whole P10c slide release assembly is MIM, which if done right,is not a bad thing in many applications. The sights on mine are going to go, as I prefer * hardened* steel ones of my preference. I also toned down to my liking the molded in grip checkering ( front and back only) on mine with a fine abrasive scuff pad used in both directions. It is an easy, maybe 5-10 minute job, and you cannot tell it was ever done by looking at it. I only ran about 100 rds of assorted FMJ ball through it with not an issue. My best guess is accuracy is on par with the VP9 and Sig P320. Out of the box and after 100 rds through it and some dry firing the trigger has gotten a little better ( smoother with less creep and a little lighter break). I would like to see it settle in at maybe a pound to a pound and a half lighter. After the trigger and barrel break in at around 500-1000 rds and with the new sights of my preference installed ( thinner front and different rear sight) I will test for accuracy with 147gr HST and 125gr +P Gold Dot.
Update : Like I said earlier when I got my CZ P-10c the mag release and the slide release were so stiff and hard to use, thoughts of dumping it seriously crossed my mind. Seven days later the mag release and the slide release have both lightened up to where I have *NO* trouble using them, and both mags drop free of the pistol. All I did was to keep both mags fully loaded during those seven days. I also kept the slide locked back all the time. And I did around 25 pretty forceful mag insertions with the slide locked back . It auto forwarded each time when using a full mag, which I have no problem with (*** make sure if you do this to watch for bullet setback of the top round in the magazine ***). The trigger also is getting better (less creep and lighter break) with more shooting and dry firing. As for the trigger, IMHO, at this point it is a decent carry trigger, but just a little on the heavy side break wise, for me. Here again, it needs more use and to break in and should be just about right, for me. Is it the Glock killer some have hyped it to be and will I be dumping my Gen 4 G19 for it ? No, its probably not a Glock killer, but if its accuracy turns out noticeably better than my G19 with its carry ammo, I will probably dump my G19. Let me just say one more time, you need to give this pistol a chance for its mag release, slide release and trigger to break in before you pass judgement on it. Maybe thats a little different than some other pistols, but in my experience, that is just the way it is with the CZ P-10c pistol.
Update:Today I decided to try and make the mag release even easier to use, and *I succeeded*. The Pic below shows the areas of the mag release components where I stoned and gave a slight radius to their edges and then polished them with Flitz. I also added a *light* coat of grease to both parts. Of course, use some common sense here and don't get too carried away with the radiuses on the edges. I have no doubt the mag release is close to being as good as it is ever going to get on my CZ P-10c, which is now very easy to use . Also, if you have a hemostat, it makes the reassembly much easier. As for holsters, I will be getting a new BlackPoint Tactical leather winged holster, because while my G19 BlackPoint holster is most definitely usable and fits pretty good, the fit is not quite perfect.The following is email I received from BlackPoint Tactical :

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

Thank you for your interest in our products. We actually mold with the exact model for all of our items. We use the actual CZ for the P10C holster.
We have tested the Glock 19/23 and it does not fit the CZ holster. Please let me know if you have further questions. I'm happy to assist you.

Vanessa Motley,

BlackPoint

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post