SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you carry a .25 ACP, you may find this informative
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you carry a .25 ACP, you may find this informative Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
nice read interesting . hard to believe the Bear kill .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 454gun:
hard to believe the Bear kill .
I don't believe it for a second.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Bears can have heart failure. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Bears can have heart failure. Smile

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
You can decide what you think.
I have already.
quote:
For me a .25 ACP is not on my list for a defense weapon.
Notice the subject line of this thread. What's the very first word?

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Great video.

I am in the "I carry what I can carry when I can carry it" camp. Sometimes it is a Seecamp 32. I have often wondered about the Seecamp in 25 and now I am wondering how it might compare to the little Beretta 950.

I am not afraid to carry a small gun. I am afraid to be unarmed.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A relative of mine who's in LE used to carry a baby browning in his front pocket. One day got up from his desk and the gun fell out, bounced on the floor a few times and a round went off. The .25 slug went through his scrotum then into his torso, where it lodged near his spine. Thankfully, the bullet was removed.
It was a painful and humiliating lesson in gun safety and what a .25 acp can do. He's 6'3, 260lbs and he went down instantly. Maybe its best to aim for the nuts.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not as small as the JetFire, but didn't Beretta make a M20 25 acp pistol? The precursor to the 21A, I always wanted one of the M20's, they weren't manufactured very long, and hada more squared off black plastic grip.

http://www.berettacollection.c...e/smallframe.html#20

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Not as small as the JetFire, but didn't Beretta make a M20 25 acp pistol? The precursor to the 21A, I always wanted one of the M20's, they weren't manufactured very long, and hada more squared off black plastic grip.

http://www.berettacollection.c...e/smallframe.html#20

Yes they did. The model 20 was basically a DA/SA version of the 950 SA only. It wasn't around long before the 21A replaced it. I wonder if the extra components were too weak for the small size of the 950/20. Just a thought. The model 20's do show up on auction sites from time to time.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think glock is missing a marker here. They could do a 20 round double stack 25 acp....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I feel like shooting for the neck or face is now secondary.

......as I now feel physical pain at the thought of a .25 ripping through my scrotum. Eek

I get fighting mindset and all but you shoot me in big Jim and the twins and ..... fights over. Screw you guys I'm going home.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I think glock is missing a marker here. They could do a 20 round double stack 25 acp....
That's your contribution to this thread? You shouldn't have bothered.

In the future, when you choose to contribute to an informational thread of mine, make sure you actually have a contribution worth posting.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
That's your contribution to this thread? You shouldn't have bothered.

In the future, when you choose to contribute to an informational thread of mine, make sure you actually have a contribution worth posting.

My appologies, I do come off as a wiseless ass some times. In this instance it was late, and i did not continue my thought.

My reasoning, while a bit over the top, is as follows.

My mother has severe arthritis. She takes a medication that is also used for chemo every 2 months or so. A few years ago we picked up an mnp shield in 9 for her. It was the one she could work the slide, and trigger on. We had her try a beretta 21a and 3032 tomcat. While the flip up barrel was nice, she did not have the thumb strength to easily move that latch that pops the tip up barrel up. We also tried several pocket 25s of various models. The guns were simply to small for her to manipulate

She is now having issues moving the slide on the shield. At the time we tried glocks little 380, but she felt more attuned to the smith in 9mm. Shooting the gun is not much of an issue, she can manage the recoil.

I got to thinking about my phone call with her while reading through this thread. The 42(glock 380 iirc) is smaller than the shield but significantly larger than the pocket 25's. The 380 slides are just about as stiff as a 9mm for a person with her issues. However the little 25 slides are not. It is the manipulation of the rest of the gun that is hard.

So, i was a thinking if the 42 was a 25 acp in caliber, kept the same size, but a staggered or even double stack. Honestly i bet it would be close to 14 or 15 rounds. It would be a hand sized gun, with a much easier slide to manipulate, a larger mag release to manipulate, better sights, and easier slide for her to pull back. Hence my perceived snarky comment.

As for why she does not use a revolver, the barrels sit to high i think. She did not like shooting my model 10s at all. They were loaded with some pretty anemic 38's, On top of that the double action trigger reach is impossible for her fingers, the single is ok, but it took her both thumbs to cock the hammer back.

Again, I will watch my comments in the future.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I know these are very small and fill a very specific need. And I have not shot one in a long time- and it was the rimfire. Do any of you guys that love them have huge hands? I want one of these or something similar and don't really love the LCP....

I did have a kel-tec .32acp that I was actually pretty fond of before I sold it off thinking I needed more gun- at the time, of course I did and did not see a need for a mousegun as I do now. There are times I need more discretion than my 226 or SW66 or even 232/ 938 s can offer....

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I hate to be a gun snob, but there is a difference between an LCP and a Beretta or Seecamp (aside from the caliber). They, the later, just feel better in your hand to me. Maybe its the metal or the weight. I don't know. Heck, it might just be my ego.

I shot the 950 some time ago and had kinda' forgotten about it until this thread and the videos, including CPT's vids he posted. 11" of penetration in ballistic gel from a JHP round. What's not to like about the 950 that is darn near imperceptible in your pocket?

Probably need to revisit it.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Revolver.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-351-pd

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
I think that I'd feel more comfortable with a .22lr or magnum.

I wouldn't trust a rimfire cartridge in a semi-auto pistol, not even the Beretta 87.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Now on a quest for the right ammo.
I favor the Fiocchi fmj. It seems ever so slightly warmer than S&B.

If the .25 is that good, why not the .32

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:

the only reason I sold my 950BS is because I bought a Seecamp LWS32

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Ask me a question that makes sense. I can't understand this one.