SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Black plastic boxes older?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black plastic boxes older? Login/Join 
posted
When did Sig stop using the thinner black plastic handgun boxes? Is there a general cut off date? Were they used for German as well as US guns? Thanks

Posts: 54 | Location: The Porous TX Border | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lithgow:
When did Sig stop using the thinner black plastic handgun boxes? Is there a general cut off date? Were they used for German as well as US guns? Thanks

Which black one are you referring to?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
number 3

Posts: 54 | Location: The Porous TX Border | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should be a yellow box for 226 also

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lithgow:
number 3

1998 is the last year I'm aware of. This is my KJ P228 in original packaging.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

posted Hide Post
Very nice! I have a chance to look at a 239. I know very little about it, except that it is in the older box...(assuming its the original box).

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks also for the Photo History

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool looking KJ.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post