SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For those that have Kydex OWB holsters with wings, how durable are the wings?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those that have Kydex OWB holsters with wings, how durable are the wings? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Thinking about trying a Kydex OWB with the plastic/injection molded wings so it pulls in close. My fear is the durability of these wings. If an IWB clip goes, most like I am just sort of Mexican carrying at that point, OWB could make for a bigger faux pax.

Any suggestions for Kydex OWB tight to the body holsters?

Thanks
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Easy question......

Answer: www.bravoconcealment.com

Guaranteed for life, comfortable, on sale, OWB holster fits tight against body.

BCA holster with wings.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
2 things
1-how durable are the wings???
2-Bravo doesn't mold for what I want.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I have these for a 220 and 229. I like them. I cannot comment on durability as I have not had them for long but they seem well made.
http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
2 things
1-how durable are the wings???
2-Bravo doesn't mold for what I want.

1. Wings are durable.
2. Never mind.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I have owned raven and bravo. I put wings on both. The wings are thick and rigid, not thin and flimsy. Idk what you are looking for per se, but the 2 holster builders used the wings were good to go, not a flimsy afterthought.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as you don't apply high heat or a saw or bolt cutters they will pretty much last longer than you will.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks guys.

Blackpoint tactical is one I hadn't heard of and they have an interesting product.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Any suggestions for Kydex OWB tight to the body holsters?

I like the Pitbull Tactical Bloodline Nocturnal I got for my P320F 45 ACP + InForce APL.

Adjustable seven ways from Sunday. I've got it set up for OWB, fairly high-riding. Feels very secure. Fits quite closely to me, worn so the slide is a bit forward of about 3 o'clock or so. It conceals well, for a setup that big, under a loose cover garment.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The Blackpoint holsters are made very well but the leather wings don't hold the grip close to the body.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
It's got wings
Not helpful, but funny Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Blackpoint Tactical OWB leather winged holster holds my Glock 19 grip very close to my body. The thick leather wings have just enough give to make it very comfortable , but they are rigid enough that it holds my pistol close into my side. You just have to make sure you have a quality and somewhat stiff *gun belt* that is properly waist sized to go with the holster or you are really just pissing into the wind. Also no matter the holster and belt setup, if you have any love handles going on, they are going to kick the grip out more from your body than someone who doesn't have any. I really like mine, I dumped all my Raven holsters (not that they were bad), but I like the Blackpoint Tactical leather winged OWB holsters much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7zHA_8imIk

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of comp-tac that work very well for me. When I was shooting IDPA that was what I used. Easy on and off.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My Bravo wings fit on my Werkz holster.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get your mind out of the gutter-and quit stealing my jokes! Wings prevent leaks, you know.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What gun do you need a holster for ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
In addition to a quality product, I found Blackpoint Tactical to have excellent customer service.

I use the Mini Wing IWB for a P226 and M11-A1.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+ 1 for the Blackpoint Tactical. I have a Mini Wing, IWB for my 226. The leather is very thick, and the entire holster is very high quality. I haven't used it much so far, it's new, but at this point, I would not hesitate to buy another, or recommend one.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:

Blackpoint tactical is one I hadn't heard of and they have an interesting product.

If it is for Sig, the Sig store sells the holsters with the Sig logo, if you are into that Smile. The logo is subtle. I have one as I caught it on sale, great price.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
All my Kydex OWB holsters have pancake wings. They hold much closer to the body than traditional plastic OWB belt loops. I've never had one break.

Rather than paying full price for wings from someplace like Raven, I get mine from http://shop.holsterloops.com/P...er-Belt-Loop-PKL.htm

$5 shipped for a pair.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post