SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Woman's purse pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman's purse pistol Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about a gun purse specially designed for that purpose.

A better compromise certainly, but it too is vulnerable if the woman's habits are not changed to always acknowledge that there is a lethal weapon in that purse. Go to any supermarket and you will invariably see purses and handbags riding on a shopping cart. If a woman is used to simply carrying on the shoulder? What happens if a purse snatcher is stalking unbeknownst to her? Even if she carries sling-style (strap around neck), in an instant an attacker can grab her purse and forcefully wrestle it away, and it and her gun is gone. Plus the strap itself could now be used as a strangulation weapon if an attacker is more intent on worse things than petty theft.

Holstering someplace on the body will always be the best and preferred solution. Frankly IMHO it should be the ONLY solution. CCing in a purse (or backpack) is at best a distant second best choice. If her wardrobe now is not conducive to CCing a firearm, then just like it is for us guys she should takes steps to modify her wardrobe choices (or her choice in weapon) to make carrying on her person possible. Plenty of guys choose a small form factor firearm like a LCP/LCPII for exactly those kinds of concerns. There is no reason why a gal can't do the same, even if slinky, form fitting clothing is her norm. There are holsters that work and fit all over the human anatomy, particularly for women.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If S&W ez is too big for purse carry ,she could try the Bodyguard 380. The long trigger, while being difficult to manipulate, makes it safer for reaching into a cluttered purse. It also has a safety.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife caries a 320 SC in a Valykeri (sp) purse, inside a holster made to fit it in a separate compartment, slung cross-body, almost like a fanny pack. She has an LCP in the off side pocket, or IWB if not in jeans.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Fanny pack?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Wife use to carry a 938, she was shooting my S&W mod 60, and decided she wanted a revolver. Got her a Ladysmith in stainless, she loves it, and is extremely good with it.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
Depending on her experience, a "Gun Toten Mama" purse with a P232 or maybe a P365.

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several of us have opined that getting women away from the "it's got to be in my purse" mindset is a real challenge. I've not had any success with the women in our family on a regular basis. Mostly they carry in the purse. Hell, just getting them to wear a belt with their jeans is a big hassle. With no belt to secure the holster, it's back to jamming that blued steel beauty into a bra, or other equally unapproachable place. For most, I'd say they prefer fashion to function 99% of the time...look at the shoes...and purses. YMMV, and I know I'll get a flamin' from my ladies if they read this. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seecamp .32 It's so small there's no reason not to have it with you at all times. The 380 has a little to much recoil for most women but the .32 or the .25 are can go with you anywhere.

Posts: 8 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: October 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Seecamp is blowback operated and is very snappy. I hated shooting it. Modern .380 pistols like the Glock 42 and S&W Shield .380 EZ are locked breach operated and are milder than the Seecamp. The Seecamp also has no sights. I also am not sure that it is drop safe. It was cutting edge in the 1980s, but not now. I got rid of my Seecamp .32.

One general comment about the topic is that guns carried in a purse with the barrel pointed to the rear may result in a lot of sweeping in the process of drawing. Any gun used for that application should have really good safety features and an operator who really knows what she is doing.

Posts: 201 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: August 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post