SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Compact grip - no mags to fit it...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Compact grip - no mags to fit it... Login/Join 
posted
Well, I got an X-compact grip last week, delivered on Friday... so excited...
Until I figured out my stock 320 mags wont fit, AND NO ONE has the replacement bases, nor 15 round x-style mags.....What a bummer. So it went back in the stock grips and I am waiting on the email from one of four places that I "got on the list" when the base plates come in.......

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Cut/file/grind the two "ears" off your baseplates. That will tide you over until the replacement baseplates are available.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
What’s the preferred method? Completely remove the ears resulting it a flat base pad? Or thin the ears similar to the newer style base pads?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Even any standard new P320 compact mags should fit. Mine do.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also received the x compact grip. All you have to do is dremmel or cut off the side wings on the mag base. Very simple and worked excellent.

Posts: 191 | Location: TX,USA | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's no such thing as x-mags. New style mags will work (look for the square peg in the bottom, thin dog-ears on the sides. Or just remove the dog ears. Either way works, and removing the dog ears doesn't impact the strength or performance of the mag.

Sig does sell replacement baseplates, but they're more expensive than Glock mags.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
As others said just cut the ears off. If you don't want to go that far you can grind them down to fit but they are not needed so I would just take them all the way off.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Thanks for the input... now where did I put my Dremel?!?

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mags are available from sig. they just sent me two.

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I just used a set of flush side cut pliers to snip the ears off. Then I used 220 grit sandpaper to sand the remaining spots flush with the rest of the area, and 400 and 600 grit sandpaper to make them smooth.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post