SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 245, thoughts, help and opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 245, thoughts, help and opinions Login/Join 
posted
Many years ago I had a 220 euro. It was a fine gun and was bought cheap back in the day. I was poor so we made a good team. I have not had a Sig in quite a while.

I got to wanting a .45acp and I wanted an old school metal Sig, I also wanted to be able to use it as a CCW. This made finding a 245 my goal.

I did it. Drove to pick it up, shot it the other day and I have a gem. 1999 model all original and in near perfect shape.

My holster is on order.

I am down to a few things I could use some help with.

I wonder if you all are like me and just carry basic 230 RN ball in it all the time ?

Also, do I need to order any particular parts to have on hand just in case ?

This thing shoots great. Recoil was not even anything to discuss. I am thinking on different sights. What do you all like for CCW and general plinking.

Thanks

I appreciate the help.

Posts: 787 | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have one and carried it for a while (in a 226 holster). It never hurts to stock up on recoil springs, breach block pins, and other wear items before sig drops a firearm.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
245 is a solid choice. Stock up springs and mags. Should be a solid performer for you for years to come.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new Sig.

I do not carry 230 gr. ball for SD. I feel there are better rounds available. That said, my Instructor would remind me that only hits count.

Sig at one time offered a Parts Kit, for many of their handguns. It included pins, springs, screws, washers etc... I do have a parts kit for each of my P-220's.

I was never a fan of N/S, until I took a low/no light class. All of my Sigs have N/S, Factory, Trijicon or Meps.

Buy mags when you can find them reasonably priced.

Clean it, lube it, shoot it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.... Will do!!!

Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
What a great gun. Enjoy it.

I'll comment on the sights: the bar-dot arrangement really works well for my eyes. Sounds like it works well for you too. I'd keep them.

The only thing I'd change is the magazine base plates. I'd swap them with the P220 Compact plates. They add a little more length to the grip.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read that about changing magazine plates and the new style are inbound as we speak.

Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
A P245 was my edc for a few years.

XS Big Dot sights are great for my aging, nearsighted eyes. They are close to the Sig bar-dot. Mine has Hogue rubber finger groove stocks.

Six round magazine +1 and an 8-round P220 with adapter as a spare. I think this has the best trigger of all my Sigs.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post