SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 Hannibal trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 Hannibal trigger Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GallowayPrecision:
Just shoot me an email at tech@gallowayprecision.com.
Email sent just a bit ago.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To let everyone know we've got a SP2340 coming our way from a member so we can test the Hannibal in it and see what changes would need to be made, if any to make it work in the older Sig Pro models. As soon as I know something I'll let you know.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
To let everyone know we've got a SP2340 coming our way from a member so we can test the Hannibal in it and see what changes would need to be made, if any to make it work in the older Sig Pro models. As soon as I know something I'll let you know.
I have both an SP2340 and a SP2009. In theory there shouldn't be any difference between those 2 frames, but if you'd like to verify it on a SP2009 as well, shoot me an email(address in my profile).

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
GallowayPrecision,
I just ordered the SP2022 trigger on your site. Your site customer interface is very good - everything with the transaction went smoothly and your e-mail notifications are instantaneous.

The installation video is good, and I'll use it when I receive and install the new trigger. It looks pretty easy.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
I have both an SP2340 and a SP2009. In theory there shouldn't be any difference between those 2 frames, but if you'd like to verify it on a SP2009 as well, shoot me an email(address in my profile).

If we need it I'll definitely email you and let you know.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
GallowayPrecision,
I just ordered the SP2022 trigger on your site. Your site customer interface is very good - everything with the transaction went smoothly and your e-mail notifications are instantaneous.

The installation video is good, and I'll use it when I receive and install the new trigger. It looks pretty easy.

Excellent, let me know what you think.

posted Hide Post
Got a new YouTube video up of the SP2022 doing a guide rod comparison with the Hannibal installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB9iup5sntM

posted Hide Post
Got the Hannibal installed in the SP2340 and it fits perfectly. The only difference in the two frames is that the pins come out the opposite way on the SP2340 that the SP2022. So instead of driving the pins to the right, they drive out to the left.

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brandyn for letting me 'guinea pig' my Sig! Looking forward to seeing how it runs, I'll post an update as soon as I get it out to the range.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
Thanks Brandyn for letting me 'guinea pig' my Sig! Looking forward to seeing how it runs, I'll post an update as soon as I get it out to the range.

Thank you for letting us use your pistol for testing, we greatly appreciate it. Since we didn't have any .357 Sig on hand I put our 9mm barrel in it for test fire and it ran like a dream.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:

Judging by the schematic the SP2009 is the same as the SP2340 I pulled apart yesterday, even down to the pins coming out from right to left rather then left to right. So you should be good to go with the Hannibal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GallowayPrecision,

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Received the trigger yesterday, just installed and adjusted it following along with your video.

Discovered that on my SP2022/.40, the locking block pin comes out left to right as in the video, but the trigger pin comes out right to left. The little rubber grommet is on the right side of the frame. I failed to observe this until I could not budge the pin through the trigger. I should've looked at it more carefully before I began. My frame looks like the one you show for the SP2340, but my slide is marked SP2022 (purchased in Dec 2016), and the date on my case says 07 AUG 2016 (maybe the frame is older stock?). I only mention this difference in pin removal as someone else may encounter this with their similar vintage SP2022/.40. I would suggest confirming the location of the rubber grommet before whacking the punch. Razz

Anyway, the trigger seems to work fine dry firing; will try to get to the range with it soon. I used blue Loctite; we'll see if it holds my adjustments. If not, no worries, easy enough to remove and reinstall it after adding more Loctite.

Also, thanks for quick delivery (3 days!); that was great!

SigFan

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Correction to my theory about older stock frame. Looked at the pictures of the 2340 above, and no, my frame is not the same as the 2340. My trigger guard has the hook, rails, and is marked "Newington, NH, USA" on left front side.

Edited to add link to picture.
https://s20.postimg.org/v58ezv...-2_B9_C78130_DE1.jpg

SigFan

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
Received the trigger yesterday, just installed and adjusted it following along with your video.

Discovered that on my SP2022/.40, the locking block pin comes out left to right as in the video, but the trigger pin comes out right to left. The little rubber grommet is on the right side of the frame. I failed to observe this until I could not budge the pin through the trigger. I should've looked at it more carefully before I began. My frame looks like the one you show for the SP2340, but my slide is marked SP2022 (purchased in Dec 2016), and the date on my case says 07 AUG 2016 (maybe the frame is older stock?). I only mention this difference in pin removal as someone else may encounter this with their similar vintage SP2022/.40. I would suggest confirming the location of the rubber grommet before whacking the punch. Razz

Anyway, the trigger seems to work fine dry firing; will try to get to the range with it soon. I used blue Loctite; we'll see if it holds my adjustments. If not, no worries, easy enough to remove and reinstall it after adding more Loctite.

Also, thanks for quick delivery (3 days!); that was great!

That's odd, but not surprising either. We see stuff like that all the time and more than likely it was just installed that way at the factory. But definitely put it back the way it came. Trigger is looking good in your pistol too!

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Any range reports yet?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Any range reports yet?

So far people are really liking it. I've got the video posted on our YouTube channel of testing different rate guide rods with the Hannibal installed.

posted Hide Post
Guys we've had a few Hannibals get out that weren't checked before they went out. If you have one that the trigger pin diameter is to small email me at tech@gallowayprecision.com and I'll get you squared away.