SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite Sig pistol ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Sig pistol ? Login/Join 
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I'd have to think on that for a while. I can say for sure that it is not one of the plastic ones....

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The classic P225. For me, the perfect Sig. I now have 3, including a 39 year old Suisse Montage model.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P239 gen2 .40sw. In 2nd place, P239 gen2 SAS 9mm.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's not a 'pistol' in the traditional sense but BAFTE deems it one and that's good 'nuff for me: MPX with brace. Crazy, silly smile fun. Had a session with a buddy's TA31 in place of my RMR...now I wanna ACOG. Yeah...it's THAT fun. Makes me WANT to blow serious money on it, just for the HELL of it.

As for a traditionalist format SIG pistol: I'm a goddamned Glock guy. I should prefer the 320 but it truly points poorly for me, worse than even the classic guns do. Nearly all of those so-called 'classic' SIGs kinda feel more or less the same, though I like them almost equally and well enough for what they are considering my striker sensibilities and preference. I used to think that the P228 was my favorite SIG, but now I like how X-Fives and pre-Legend P210s shoot. And I find that I prefer the pre-dash P229 over its folded slide predecessor, especially the mid-90s 40S&W that I own and now my CC TALO. And then there's my two P220 SSEs and my Mk25. And the SIGPro 2022. Then there's my P6 and P225. All great choices in my opinion. Me picking one above all the rest out of this bunch...I say it be impossible for me to do. It would be easier to weed out the losers, but that's something for another thread.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swiss Sig P210. I’m old school.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
SIG P226 Legion

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
.40 S&W

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is my P6, closely followed by my 225A1.

OP, nice collection! And not a rail in the bunchSmile

Oh, and 12131, that is just sick!! Well done Sir!!!!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P239 .40/.357/9mm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Battlecloth,

Posts: 60 | Registered: November 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm thoroughly convinced that Q either aspires to own 228 P228s, or already owns that many. Looking forward to the P228 pistol layout picture with all 228 P228s in it. Wink

Here is my KG two-tone nickel P228. My first SIG (bought new) and my favorite SIG.

Honorable mention to my 9mm P226 Stainless Elite and .45ACP P220 Stainless Match Elite 5" which tie for 2nd place. Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say my it's my old sentimental favorite, a 1995 P229 DA/SA .40. It was my first Sig.

Utterly reliable and accurate over a 23 year span. Have about 47,000 rounds through it. Slide and frame rails look like they're nicely broken in now. I'll report back after the next 47,000 rounds. Smile

Currently sports:

1) Sig bead blasted slide.

2) Heinie black/black sights.

3) GrayGuns P-SPIT trigger.

4) G10 checkered grips.

5) My own DA action work. Very smooth DA, very crisp SA.

No reflection on the rest of my Sigs, but rather the fact that this P229 is like a well broken in pair of boots.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MK25 for me.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
P220st!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the SIG P229 Nitron with no-rail frame and legacy slide, 18 lb mainspring, SRT, and P-SAIT trigger.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
225 without a doubt....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Top: ?, 225, 226/DAO/DAK, 229, 220, 220C

That's a Mauser M2.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
KA P228 with a Burke QRT trigger job.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
AB triple serial numbered P229 in 40 cal. I carry it with a 357 Sig barrel now. Only modifications were night sites and a Grayguns recoil spring guide rod. Fantastic ultra-reliable shooter and very comforting to carry in this lovely state.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post