SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite Sig pistol ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Sig pistol ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Initially, the P220 I carried EDC/duty for 20yrs until agency killed approval. LTT custom P220ST, when at the range actually shooting. Rewarding to out shoot or place my buddies with their 1911s and glocks!

Now, my kid got me a P220 carry SAS for my inevitable retirement... hands down my favorite!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first gun was my 229 Extreme, still my favorite. Currently running my 226's in uspsa and they are awesome, as is my 320x5. But my favorite is the 229 extreme. This thread is freaking awesome, by the way. Amazing pictures.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My M11-A1. Great gun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite always seems to be the next one. Seriously though it is a hard choice. Of the ones I have owned it would be either the 228 or P220 Equinox.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's an eight or nine way tie. This is like asking a parent to name their favorite kid.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 40 NS G10 glass blasted slide
No rail, Old as dirt itself but smooth like butter!

Too many SIGs .. ... Nah not really

Posts: 361 | Location: AL | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
My M11-A1. No weapon I’ve ever owned or fired has ever held a candle to its accuracy and fit for me. I got out of firearms (except for a Glock 27) after a divorce/custody and dad being diagnosed with cancer. Last to be sold was my German two tone P228. That one hurt.

When I got back on my feet a few years later, I purchased this M11-A1. I’ll be buried with it.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite. Bought new in 1989. Have since lost the Hogues and went back to stock grips. Had the slide done years ago by CPCogan in hard chrome and the gun went back to Sig for an action enhancement many moons ago. Still shoots like she was new. Big Grin

A word of caution, I think the rubber grips caused the trigger bar to dig into the frame under the grip. I will take a pic and post what I am talking about

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Of the ones I've actually owned, the P-6 by a fairly wide margin.

Although I've never owned one, I've always lusted over the P228.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
W/G P228, without a doubt.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Lifetime achievement award goes to p225 Smile

Posts: 3483 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it is blasphemous to call myself a Sig guy without ever having owned a P228 or P229, but yet here I am go openly admitting my transgressions. Someday I certainly will have a few in my safe. (Please forgive me Q)

My favorite Sig right now is my P938. I enjoy shooting it and shoot it better than any other handgun ever. It is just a hoot to run it fast and on the move. Amazingly accurate & never leaves my pocket.

Second place goes to my KE P220 38 Super. Only sees range duty, but what a Great pistol and round.

Third P239 SAS G2 357 Sig. This is my go everywhere tough guy. EDC, hunting, farming, hiking, ....

Finally, P226 SSE 357 Sig. Dedicated nightstand gun now, but did run some competitions with it. With the Sig Action Enhancements, it is really easy to shoot well at speed. This is the pistol I want in my hand should I ever need to protect my family.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
A few years ago before I got my M11-A1, I would have said my P229/.40 TT is my favorite, but the M11-A1 has edged it out for title of "Favorite Sig" pistol. However, if I judge purely by looks alone, then my P232SL would knock the M11-A1 off the podium. It's just sleek and sexy and beautiful. Sort of the hot sister... Eek

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Oh, btw, this is my favorite SIG. Razz

No wonder why we cant find any nice used 228s. Wink

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I love my P220s but I'm seriously in love with my P229 Stainless Elite .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Still my favorite pic, like 4ever, on the forum. Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would have to be my P226 X5 SCANDIC, a pistol that is truly dressed to kill.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 123 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RonJon
posted Hide Post
My P290RS with laser - My EDC!

Posts: 128 | Location: Mn | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My favorite?

Hmm.

I do love the P210, and the P220-9-eu has a special place. My go to for a long time was the P228.

For me, the "favorite" spot goes to the P225.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
P224 in 357 Sig, followed closely by P229 in 357 Sig.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post