SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is your favorite Sig pistol ?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Sig pistol ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
p226 MK25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the MK-25

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
My P229 Sport .357SIG.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first SIG, a Swiss P210-6. In newer guns, the P239 in all calibers but especially in .357

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not sure what I answered last time, probably the same as this time. 226.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 Legion SAO hands down!

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
My first SIG is still my favorite. It is a P220 Combat with threaded barrel, one of the first batch with a German made frame.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
My first Sig, I bought in 1994. P228. My second favorite, P220 38 Super.
The gun I really wanted, but Sig never produced; P227 in 38 Super.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
Because I can shoot my P227 better... actually , than my Colt 1911.
I would wish for a long slide (5 in.) P227 in .38 Super .

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last time I said it was my MPX. Nothing's changed; with my Optimus it's been a real blast of an ammo eater if more than a bit cloudy and dirty doing so. However having shot the Virtus pistol in 300BLK, that one could give my MPX a serious run.

Still can't definitively pick one for a 'trad' style handgun. As much as I like my classic SIGs, I find I prefer the P320 X5 Legion considerably more than I thought, no doubt my striker bias coming through. Otherwise it's probably a P210 of any type, still the best-looking handgun IMO that happens to have a sublime and enjoyably trigger to do well with. The last year or so with my P210A has been great fun. But I also must give props to my P365s; amazing little buggers. Again my striker bias is showing, and damned unashamed of it. SIG does strikers pretty damn well--once the bugs are finally worked out, and particularly after the X-frame modules went live.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I own five Sigs. Its a coin toss, my most accurate favorite is a 9mm P226. My favorite for fit, finish, and being just plain purdy is my P230SL(surprisingly accurate too). My W.German P220 fits in the middle.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is likely my P220...which was also my first SIG. Sweet shooter, comforting in hand, just a great all around firearm. If I had as much trigger time behind my P226 I might like it more for higher capacity but dont have that relationship with it as of yet.
That being said, I carry my P239 the most....it is my EDC until I get comfortable with the P365 more and better repeatable accuracy...on my part not guns. I have both the .40 and .357 barrels for my P239 and usually carry .40 but switch to .357SIG in winter...thinking the extra punchiness will help in heavier clothing.

Always wanted a P228 as well...maybe one day. Love my DA/SA weapons.

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwdex
posted Hide Post
P220 SAS

Posts: 205 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229, no rail

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the P228.

The P225 would be a strong second.

ANY of the P series are great. The core design is both highly accurate and highly reliable.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
My P229/9mm, from around 1994. I loves it.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has to be the P226 LDC - I have recently fallen in love with this design...Both the american and German design in “white” and in “black”..... Something about an all stainless steel P226 in your hands...Just wish I had reacted before the German “black” model became a highly desirable pistol but I am not complaining as I have one model of each variety, just not all four (American white and black, German white and black)......Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 225a1 is my favorite.

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I have pretty small hands and have never had much success with DA/SA guns. I have to shift my grip around after the first shot. The P239 I had for a while was the only classic Sig that I was able to shoot worth a damn, so I guess that would have to be my favorite. I had a 228 for years, loved everything about the gun, I just couldn't shoot it. I finally sold all four of my P-series guns (239, 228, 220, 245) and now I shoot either a 1911 or a striker-fired pistol (or a revolver).

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first Sig I bought was a police trade-in P226 in stainless folded slide. It must have been carried
in a shoulder holster under an armpit cause of some
corrosion to the top of the slide. Came in the LEO
blue plastic case w/3 mags, and it still goes to
the range with me every time (its a pleasure to
shoot). 9mm of course.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post