SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Sig P75 imported by Edelweiss Arms
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Sig P75 imported by Edelweiss Arms Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I saw this and thought it was neat. Price was a bit high.

I also saw this one out there @ $650 https://www.gunsamerica.com/97...s-P75-9mm-pistol.htm

DOh.. edit to add it's sold now.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I saw this and thought it was neat. Price was a bit high.

I also saw this one out there @ $650 https://www.gunsamerica.com/97...s-P75-9mm-pistol.htm

DOh.. edit to add it's sold now.

That's not the actual P75.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
toto, like I mentioned above, the P75 is not a sealed pattern. It evolved with the commercial series. The eased egdes bove the serrations has been canceled in the late 80's on all models with cold draw (stamped) slides. You will find P75 with the newly shaped slide above the serrations as well for that reason. The Swiss DoD never accepted the American style magazine button. They all have the classic heel relase.

You're right, but i've nerver seen a military P75 without the 45° cuts above the serrations, the only ones i've seen were the "Z"(Zoll) series with tritium nightsights for the border patrol. This is the variant N°5 from 1995, 3100 pcs wwre produced. Variant 4 is with the 45° cuts.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:

I spoke to a dealer in Canada a short time ago who has P75s in stock at really low prices. I wanted to pick up a couple of them, but, they wouldn't be able to be imported because he couldn't produce the five year letter that the ATF requires.

I thought hard about that particular Montage Suisse 220 as well, but, thought it was high. I've bought one from him before in excellent condition for $650, IIRC. Should've held onto that one...

So P75s can be imported into the U.S. now if they have the "five year letter"? What exactly is that? I guess the 50 years I was told was a lie. Please let me know if you find some other reasonably priced P75s that can be imported in the future.

I thought that Montage Suisse gun was a little high, too, but very close to what I was willing to pay, more like around $800-$850. That's why I thought really hard about bidding since it was only $50 above what I was willing to pay. But that was assuming no one else was going to bid it higher. That P220 had been listed a couple of times before with a starting bid of $1,100.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
So P75s can be imported into the U.S. now if they have the "five year letter"? What exactly is that? I guess the 50 years I was told was a lie. Please let me know if you find some other reasonably priced P75s that can be imported in the future.

I wouldn't necessarily say that you were lied to. A Swiss dealer told me they couldn't be exported to the U.S. due to them being ex-military issue.

I don't know any of the specifics, but in regards to the five year letter, I came across this on the ATF website as it pertains to importing into a customs bonded warehouse:

"Original documentation (such as a warehouse receipt or other document which provides the required history of storage) attesting to where the firearms have been located for the past five years. The firearms must not have been in a proscribed country or area for a five-year period immediately preceding the importation. The information may be obtained from the foreign source from which you purchased the firearms. All documents must be dated within six months of our receipt date."

It's not the first time I've seen P75s for sale in the States, so, there's obviously a way.

quote:
I thought that Montage Suisse gun was a little high, too, but very close to what I was willing to pay, more like around $800-$850. That's why I thought really hard about bidding since it was only $50 above what I was willing to pay. But that was assuming no one else was going to bid it higher. That P220 had been listed a couple of times before with a starting bid of $1,100.

I reached out to the seller when it was listed at $1100 to see what he could do if I bought it along with a P210. He didn't knock off a lot and I moved on when he said he had $1K in it.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Always was intertested in getting a P75, but only at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price here.

For those who bought them, enjoy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those who bought them, enjoy.

I sure agree, just wish i was one of them.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Awesome vid. Ian's always super informative. Thank you too, OTD. I'll post some pics when the P75 gets here.

Glock
LE Armorer

Colt M1911 Series Armorer

Colt M16/M4/AR15 Diagnostic/Armorer Tech.

HK
MP5/HK 91/93 Armorer

Posts: 99 | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was the last year of manufacture for the P75?

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
There is no information about it. The Swiss DoD is keeping such info under closure. The last known order was in 1995 for the Swiss border police. Hämmerli assembled Swiss DoD pistols and based on toto's observation most likely before 1987.This is speculation though.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IronBalaclava:

Awesome vid. Ian's always super informative. Thank you too, OTD. I'll post some pics when the P75 gets here.

Congratulations and apologies for hijacking your thread. Looking forward to your photos.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
quote:
Originally posted by IronBalaclava:

Congratulations and apologies for hijacking your thread. Looking forward to your photos.

Oh, no hijack at all. I found your insight into the discussion very informative.

Glock
LE Armorer

HK
MP5/HK 91/93 Armorer

posted Hide Post
She arrived yesterday! Edelweiss did not disappoint.

Sig P75 9mm Version 2,in as good condition as one could hope. She looks to have been carried very little and shot even less. I have to say, attention to detail is superb and everything is fit extremely well. The slide to frame fit is super tight, and the action is like glass on glass. The wood grips are a bit of a deviation from the standard plastic ones(I wonder how many were issued with wood vs. plastic,or is this an aftermarket afterthought?) but I'm really liking them. There is zero corrosion anywhere on the firearm and the bore is 10/10.

My only gripe is the DA trigger pull is like 30 lbs! I wonder if I could swap out the mainspring with a reduced power P220 9mm version?

Anyways, here are the pics:

ETA: Holy crap were the initial pics big! Had to go back and reduce the sizing. Sorry for the cluster F, guys.

Glock
LE Armorer

HK
MP5/HK 91/93 Armorer

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wow, very cool.

Thanks for the photos!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Looks great, you did well.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fascinating stuff. I really need to sign up for their mailer just so I can drool.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic pistol. Birth of a legend.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol, thanks for the pix.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
She's a beauty. You done good.