SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Swiss Sig P75 imported by Edelweiss Arms
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Sig P75 imported by Edelweiss Arms Login/Join 
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I'm consumed with pure envy. Congratulations !!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very nice.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Whew! That is clean. Nice buy, IB!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite the heavy DA you will be surprised how good you can shoot this wonderful Pistol.
At 10m with the first shot in DA my groups are everytime in the 1 to 1,5" range. better than my MK25.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well given the apparent condition from your pics and description, I can at least sort of understand the high asking price. Nothing beats Swiss-made in the eye of the SIG collector, and the fact that all of the guns are sold says something about that part of the market.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Swiss made? Not really. Please stay with the facts.

Still, a nice piece. Congratulations.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
OTD, what is the second mark on the slide dust cover next to the Swiss proof mark?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
Swiss made? Not really. Please stay with the facts.

Still, a nice piece. Congratulations.

Okay, Swiss-designed, not manufactured.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
OTD, what is the second mark on the slide dust cover next to the Swiss proof mark?

I believe that's the Waffenfabrik Bern Inspection mark.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
quote:

Thanks, although you are not OTD. Wink I originally thought it was the BMI mark until I dug up a photo and realized it was oriented 180 degrees from the one on the P75, more like an "M" than a "W". I also forgot that the BMI mark was German. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, it's not WF markings. It's the acceptance markings of the KTA "KriegsTechnische Abteilung", the technical division of the Swiss DoD. WF was not involved with the P75. It was a deal between DoD and SIG, with Sauer acting as manufacturer, Hämmerli Switzerland. The SIG logo on the slide was more of corporate marketing action to keep the Swiss taxpayer happy.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
quote:
quote:

No, it's not WF markings. It's the acceptance markings of the KTA "KriegsTechnische Abteilung", the technical division of the Swiss DoD. WF was not involved with the P75. It was a deal between DoD and SIG, with Sauer acting as manufacturer, Hämmerli Switzerland. The SIG logo on the slide was more of corporate marketing action to keep the Swiss taxpayer happy.

Lot's of great info, OTD. Thanks. So from what I understand and can gather, all parts for the P75 were manufactured by Sauer in Eckernförde. Did the final assembly take place in Neuhausen?

Also, were P75s ever issued with the Walnut grips as are present on my example?

Glock
LE Armorer

Colt M1911 Series Armorer

Colt M16/M4/AR15 Diagnostic/Armorer Tech.

HK
MP5/HK 91/93 Armorer

Posts: 99 | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
J.P.Sauer and Son in Germany made the parts. Hämmerli in Lenzburg Switzerland took care for assembly. SIG Neuhausen was not involved. They only donated their logo.

Walnut grips are aftermarket. Standard issue grips were, are and will be the checkered, sterile, black plastic grip plates also known from the commercial SigSauer P220 series.

posted Hide Post
quote:
They only donated their logo.

Well that explains it. When I saw the oval SIG rollmark I assumed that these were done in Switzerland and not Germany like the commercial P220s were. Interesting that such marking shenanigans happened in an effort to 'appease' (i.e., lie to) any citizens who might have been looking.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Who lied? The decision to buy and introduce the Pistol 75 the way it is has been publically announced and the entire text is published in just about every decent reference book about this pistol. The minister of defence was Rudolf Gnägi back then and the Swiss taxpayer knew what their money was spent for.
If somebody feels to have been lied at it’s because he was to ignorant to do his homework. The position of the angry citizen does not apply in this particular case, neither as a betraded collector because there is plenty of publications exist about his publication. If somebody ditches his money because of ignorance it’s not the fault of the government that decalared a pistol as surplus nor the company that made it.

posted Hide Post
If indeed there's no falsehood or fakery going on, then why bother putting the oval SIG rollmark on the slide?

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
I'm understanding the logic, but not what it is based on. Neither the Swiss Pistol 75 nor its Japanese sister, the Mineba, have been available to the public. Nobody has been scammed, no Government, no taxpayer. Sience neither one of us knows any further details on the agreements between the Swiss DoD and the SIGArms organization structure of 1974/75 such opinion become a moot point. SIGArms back then owned the design, the licenses, the processes, the technology and the manufacturing parties involved, so what is the problem? Rufer actually wrote an interesting book about this very topic. It's an interesting read if somebody wants to replace SIG fiction of the pre L&O and Exeter era with facts.