SIGforum
Why no discussion of the P290?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3610016134

October 11, 2017, 06:20 PM
Sugarwater
Why no discussion of the P290?
quote:
We make the Antioch which you can get in either curved or flat faced, which is adjustable for pre and post travel shortening the length of pull. We also make a reduced power spring kit that drops the pull weight by around 1 to 1.5lbs depending on the tolerances of your particular pistol.

https://gallowayprecision.com/...ng-set-for-sig-p290/

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out.
October 12, 2017, 06:38 AM
SiGagain
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
My biggest bitch with the P290 trigger was it was inconsistent - it felt noticeably different from dry fire to live fire.

The magazines kind of suck. The top round of my reload would always works it's way out and the feed lips were sharp.

It's heavy for what it is - which makes it shoot pretty well, but it's heavy for a pocket / light IWB weapon.

The PPS, G43, Shield, and Kahrs are far superior IMO.

...sadly, I have come to this conclusion with mine as well...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership
October 12, 2017, 07:08 AM
Blume9mm
thanks for the responses.... I guess if I had asked this question before buying the Sig 290 I would not have.... but at this point I'm not regretting it.

I'm kind of having a hard time wrapping my brain around all the trouble with the trigger pull.... maybe because what I'm replacing has a very light and easy trigger pull and that is why I am. By my standards this is a pistol I will carry and possibly shoot every couple of months just to make sure it works.... and that will be one or two mags at the most.... I've no desire to go to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it... that's what my p226 is for.... I've never found these compact pistols fun to shoot and so have never felt like really analizing the action. Now I do have to say the mag change is tough... on mine it's not that it's hard to insert but once in you have to hit it hard to get it to seat. I like the night sights.
Mine is the older non re-strike model... I can't quite figure out the big advantage to re-strike.... if a primer does not go off it seem to me there is probably just as good a chance it won't on the next hit... I'd rather stick with the 'old time' training of hit, flip and rack.... and be done with that round.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
October 12, 2017, 09:48 AM
GallowayPrecision
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
thanks for the responses.... I guess if I had asked this question before buying the Sig 290 I would not have.... but at this point I'm not regretting it.

I'm kind of having a hard time wrapping my brain around all the trouble with the trigger pull.... maybe because what I'm replacing has a very light and easy trigger pull and that is why I am. By my standards this is a pistol I will carry and possibly shoot every couple of months just to make sure it works.... and that will be one or two mags at the most.... I've no desire to go to the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it... that's what my p226 is for.... I've never found these compact pistols fun to shoot and so have never felt like really analizing the action. Now I do have to say the mag change is tough... on mine it's not that it's hard to insert but once in you have to hit it hard to get it to seat. I like the night sights.
Mine is the older non re-strike model... I can't quite figure out the big advantage to re-strike.... if a primer does not go off it seem to me there is probably just as good a chance it won't on the next hit... I'd rather stick with the 'old time' training of hit, flip and rack.... and be done with that round.

It comes from the trigger return spring. Some of the arms get clipped to short at the factory, then add in the fact it rests on the soft polymer and it starts to dig in after a while and you start to get reset issues. We're trying to come across a good proper length trigger return spring, the ones we had we used in customer pistols, so that we can get a proper one made for a replacement.