SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PMM is Customizing Sig Slides
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PMM is Customizing Sig Slides Login/Join 
posted
PMM has created custom lighting slide cuts for all of the pistols we do RMR cuts for, including the Sig Sauer P226/P229 and the Sig Sauer P320! Come check it out our newest work.

http://www.parkermountainmachi..._Pistol_Service.html

Posts: 56 | Registered: August 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It looks like some nice work, but to be pedantic, I believe what you make are lightening cuts in the slides, not lightning cuts. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It looks like some nice work, but to be pedantic, I believe what you make are lightening cuts in the slides, not lightning cuts. Smile

Yeah, but what if they also do it at lightning speed? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yeah, but what if they also do it at lightning speed? Big Grin

Well, I was wondering if they’d developed a revolutionary process for the work; some of those cuts do look a little jagged. That’s why I left a little wiggle room in my comment. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy to get the two confused. Wink

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not to be pedantic but if you look again, he said "lighting" and not "lightning". Not that it makes much sense that way either, but....

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
quote:

Not to be pedantic but if you look again, he said "lighting" and not "lightning". Not that it makes much sense that way either, but....

Not to be pedantic but he didn't Say "lighting" he typed it.

Posts: 7 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For Heaven's sake, cut it out. Damn, guys. Does anyone intend to comment on the actual subject of the thread?

Don't do this, guys. Don't derail a thread over wording. Come on. Would you want to be treated this way? This is petty and pointless.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

I was hoping Sig would release RX slides as an X-Change kit, but this looks like a great option.

If you take a standard slide assembly (using a standard recoil spring), and then the slide is machined and a small pistol optic added, does the recoil spring need to be changed?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Does anyone intend to comment on the actual subject of the thread?

OK, I'll comment.
I would mighty near pay to keep my pistol out of the hands of such butchers.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
quote:

OK, I'll comment.
Custom work is not for everyone however, many a gun owner has all manner of work done to improve their firearms. Did you look at the mans' site? Did you see the quality of his rifle and pistol mods? Looks mighty like the type of alterations a lot of people go for on their weapons. Rather resembles quality work by a person with skills and knowledge. But you couldn't refrain from slamming the OPs topic could you?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Will you guys be working on the Beretta APX? Asking for a friend.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
quote:

OK, I'll comment.
Custom work is not for everyone however, many a gun owner has all manner of work done to improve their firearms. Did you look at the mans' site? Did you see the quality of his rifle and pistol mods? Looks mighty like the type of alterations a lot of people go for on their weapons. Rather resembles quality work by a person with skills and knowledge. But you couldn't refrain from slamming the OPs topic could you?

Slamming was easy, fish in a barrel.
I think about 75% of gunboard posts on custom work are about non-functional cosmetics. Most of which I am too old fashioned to like.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
See, here's the thing, Jim- I became acquainted with PMM because of the very nicely made SCAR parts he manufactures. I happen to think Jarod is a talented machinist, and I invited him to join this forum.

I'm no bigger a fan of machining cuts into slides than you. There does seem to be a market for it, though, as PMM is far from the only company offering such services.

Now that you're better informed, I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from being rude to my guest.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll try to be nice.

He does skilled work. Which does not interest me.

posted Hide Post
I wonder if they could do just forward cocking serrations and an RMR cut on my MK25. Gonna send them an email and see what they say. Since I tried an RMR on a G19 MOS I'm sold hook, line and sinker. My aging eyes definitely prefer it.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, I'll try to be nice.

Dang dude, let it go

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, I'll try to be nice.

And you've posted 3 times to make sure everyone knows it doesn't interest you.

Jarod is a good guy and does great work. If you don't want it don't buy it.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to know of a good RMR cut option for the P226.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They look nice, and the prices are certainly competitive for customizing a slide.

For someone looking for cosmetic changes for a competition firearm, I could see it. To me, it looks like a lot of places for debris to enter the slide and places for me to snag, especially my hands.

The optics on pistol thing seems to be gaining
That said, it does look like very nice work.

I'd be curious how the weight reduction would affect function and longevity of the frame.

The optics on pistols thing seems to be gaining a lot of traction. For those who didn't order their pistol with a provision for mounting a red dot sight, then this is certainly an option.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post