SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Legion SAO vs. CZ 75 Tactical Sport
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Legion SAO vs. CZ 75 Tactical Sport Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted
Does anybody have both who can speak knowledgeably about the difference?

My father has a CZ 75 tactical sport and its a really sweet machine. I've wondered if the Legion compares favorably.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've handled both, the P226 is a hard use gun, the TS would be for competition and range use only.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I've handled both, the P226 is a hard use gun, the TS would be for competition and range use only.

Why wouldn't the TS be a hard use gun, if necessary?

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

What is "hard use"?

The TS has an extremely light target trigger; not so desireable for defensive purposes.

If "hard use" means shooting it every week for >6 years in competitions, its just fine.

Be aware that springs, the guide rod and the slide stop should be replaced at appropriate intervals. Its a steel slide on an aluminum frame so it needs some damn grease when cleaning and lubing.

Edited: I was wrong, grumpy1 is correct, its a steel frame.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Kind of apples to oranges.

CZ TS is a very big heavy heavy 45 ounce steel frame pistol with a 2 LB SA trigger for range and competition use and I believe has no firing pin block safety.

P226 Legion is an aluminum frame 34 ounce combat pistol with a 4.4 SA LB trigger though would also be an excellent range pistol.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have read in more than a few threads that they go through slide stops pretty regularly. I think it comes with 3 spare slide stops.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
quote:

What is "hard use"?

The TS has an extremely light target trigger; not so desireable for defensive purposes.

If "hard use" means shooting it every week for >6 years in competitions, its just fine.

Be aware that springs, the guide rod and the slide stop should be replaced at appropriate intervals. Its a steel slide on an aluminum frame so it needs some damn grease when cleaning and lubing.

12131 - It would probably work OK but not as durable as a Legion SAO.

My definition of hard use is a police or military issue weapon.

I really like the TS, if I didn't have other obligations I would have given serious thought to buying one.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Kind of apples to oranges.

My thoughts as well. Both are very nice guns, and I have a fair amount of experience with both. From a pure shooting standpoint The CZ will run rings (especially if shooting rapidly while timed) around the Legion due to it's better trigger, longer barrel/sight radius, and greater weight. The only thing I don't like about the TS is the sights, though that's fixable. The TS Orange has great sights out of the box and a few other things I like over the regular TS as well, of course the Orange is more $$$.

You couldn't go wrong with either. I view the Legion as more of a general purpose gun and the TS as a dedicated target/competition gun.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote Legion SAO. I love that gun!

I may be the only person in the world who does not like the CZ75(I've shot one twice). I was set to order a Tactical Sport, but after handling the gun at the Shot Show(and the more expensive Tanfoglio version) I decided I'd rather have the upcoming(hopefully)P210.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a very hard look at the CZ tactical sport but like like others mention it is a competition/range handgun, I handle one at a local shop and it's very 1911 like so I don't doubt is a great target gun. Come the 226 Legion SAO all I can say is that is one of heck combat handgun, as far as I can think there nothing I would like to change and actually found some 20 rdn mags for $25.00 with free shipping. I put almost 1000 rds through without out a malfunction and the gun doesn't show any signs of premature wear not to mention in my opinion is a very soft shooter, the CZ don't have a rail for a light and the Sig comes with night sights and a rail so if it is for self defense the 226 Legion SAO wins hands down for me.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both. Grumpy1 is pretty much right on the money.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Interesting replies! I honestly didn't think that the consensus would be: SIG Legion = competition / duty weapon, CZ75 TS = pure competition gun. Makes sense, I guess. My Dad's TS is a real brick, but it makes .40S&W feel like its .22 LR.

I don't plan to purchase either, but in my mind they seemed like similar guns.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both and they are both my go-to pistols.

I have several thousand rounds through each. The CZ is my "Steel" competition piece on the Legion is my carry piece and IDPA piece.

As already stated, they are both VERY different guns. Man....the CZ is HEAVY and big. The trigger is 1.5 pounds. This is NOT a defense/carry piece. Also, the I've never handled one where the safety is "definitive". I would never carry this pistol in condition 1.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenDragoon:

As already stated, they are both VERY different guns. Man....the CZ is HEAVY and big. The trigger is 1.5 pounds. This is NOT a defense/carry piece. Also, the I've never handled one where the safety is "definitive". I would never carry this pistol in condition 1.

Agreed. If I ever purchased a CZ for carry, it would be the "BD" version with the thumb decocker.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Depends on what it's going to be used for, I'd say. I'm not a particular fan of the Legion but if there's going to be a defensive component in evaluating which is "better", that's where the SIG will be the appropriate choice in this two-horse race. I brought in an Orange for a customer and I do like it a lot, but its heft and trigger make it less than ideal for a carry or even home protection role.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post