SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Some pistols just feel right
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some pistols just feel right Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
And you shoot them better than anything else. I've found its a lot like pets, they often pick you LOL... For me that's my 4.5" XDm 9mm. Even with the mushy trigger I shoot it better than anything and the grip just feels like it was made for my hand. This is kind of a buzzkill because it's even made me disappointed when I shoot it back to back with my new SAO Legion 226 and the XDm puts it to shame. Red Face

I love everything about the Legion, right down to the sights. The grip is light years better than my old P226 that I could just never warm up to. And yet I just don't shoot it well. Gotta give it more time but with a Powder river precision trigger in the XDm it'd be perfect, hard to top that for me.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
P228. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Indeed. However, mine is in semi-retirement and I'd be scared to compare it to my XDm, it's been a while since I've shot it. Eek

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the nice thing about Classic SIGs is there are a TON of grip options.

You're right about the XDM trigger too. Very much mush. Almost no discernible break point.

And feels can be important. But like you said, results are the important thing.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is true.

I can think of three that feel just right to me.

Sig 225

The Tanfoglio Witness line. These are similar to a CZ, but fit me better.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi-Power

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It is true.

I can think of three that feel just right to me.

Sig 225

The Tanfoglio Witness line. These are similar to a CZ, but fit me better.

This ^^
But I have to pick CZ as I have no experience with the Tanfoglio Witness pistols.
Might change the order a bit as well: CZ 1st, 1911 and 225 kind of a tie for 2nd.

Need to try one of those Tanfoglios in the future.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not my 2 Walther PPS M1's.

Flat grip, yes, but it melds into either hand.

With either backstrap.

And my CZ P09, narrow grip for high capacity.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
No Glocks for me. Only Sigs feel right. And the Walther PPS M1.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
CZ PCR
P228
G19 RTF2

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 (.40SW)

Also my Beretta M9 along with the 92 L + M compact versions.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I picked up my 2022 and fired the first rounds down range it just felt right. No matter where I aimed, that is where the round went. I recently built a P80 full size V2. I could never get used to a Glock as the grip angle just was not natural to me. 1911's and Sigs have always fit the bill. First trip to the range it just felt right. One ragged hole in the left center of the target. I had not pushed the sight over far enough when I installed it. Should be corrected for the next trip.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Took me two years and quite a few bucks to make a Glock 19 Gen4 finally "feel right". Two weeks later the Gen5 appears: felt right - right out of the box. Just my luck.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I suppose the VP9 almost falls into that kind of description. Really Nice in hand for me. But frankly I shoot it relatively well because of its trigger, not because of how superbly it melds into my hand. The ergonomics and balance of the V3 P30 feels just as good if not better. Yet my accuracy with that one pales in comparison, all due to my all too apparent unwillingness to play nice and get along with its trigger.

Attempting to find some mystical level of perfection with handgun ergonomics is vastly overrated, IMHO. Nice get if you come across it I suppose, but not necessary in my book. My CZ Shadow T-SA I shoot the best. Frankly not the greatest in ergonomics; subjectively it feels too skinny to me with those thin custom shop metal grip panels it wears. But it makes up for it with its fantastic trigger action, even though it has a so-so trigger shoe that's one of those straight faced ones that seem all the rage these days but that I still don't really get. I've just gotten used to its quirks, and now none of my other pistols for me shoot as well as that one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
For me the best fits are 1911s with short triggers and HiPowers with Speigel grips.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16205 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Kahr T9. It's magical. Of course, I have dainty little girl hands.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BHP
S&W 39

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
BHP
Colt SAA
Colt Python

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
For me 1911s especially with short triggers. Also many 357 revolvers seem to feel very good to me.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
P239, with Nill Grips!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post