SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Some pistols just feel right
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some pistols just feel right Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The best fit for me currently are the Walther PPS M2 & PPQ M2. I can shoot anything, but these just blend perfectly.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
For me, it is plan and simple the P226 with Hogue rubber grip panels. Just a dream to shoot.
The P229 felt better but I did not shoot it as well so I got rid of it.

if the MPX Pistol is okay for the list, I replaced the grip with an Ergo grip
and it shoots very well for me and is comfortable.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My Ruger Mk. I with the wood target grips that have the thumb rest. Fits my hand like it was molded to it.

My Walther PPS M2. Fits my hand very nicely and shoots well for me, too.

My P320F .45 ACP. Holy smokes did I hit the jackpot with that one. It doesn't feel as nice in the hand as the two above, but it grips well and the only centerfire with which I can out-perform it is my G34.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
Other than my 1911s, my favorite and most accurate are my P229 SAS .40 CPOs. I don't know what it is and it doesn't make sense to me but these pistols shoot better, in my hand, than all of my other Sigs (various P228s, M11-A1, P227s, and SP2022 .40). I really thought the 9mm Sigs would be my most consistent and accurate non 1911 pistols but that has proven not to be the case. When comparing other pistol manufacturers to Sigs, the Sig always feels better in hand no matter what the model or caliber.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
BHP with Spegal grips.

P226/P229

Any 1911 with Davidson "full" cut, G-10 grips.

CZ 75 with LOK palm swells.

Any S&W K,L,N frame with my Herett, Jordan Trooper stocks.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
For me, it's a new Sig P225. I don't own one, only handled one at a local shop, but, it's fits my hand like a glove.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P220s w/ Hogue G-10 Piranhas and short reach trigger;
and Novak BHPs w/ Navridex micarta thin grips.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
P226, it's perfect for me in every way.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post

P239 w/Hogue G10 checkered grips

G23 3rd Gen

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I know I already answered on the first page but I felt I needed to expand my response.

I've always subscribed to the notion that a handgun should feel like an extension of your hand with smooth fire controls. These do that for me. Note all my centerfire semi-autos are of the "cocked 'n locked" school reflective of how this old man was raised and trained.

Blocky non-ergonomic Tupperware numbers with gritty long pull and reach triggers don't. They just don't cut it for me. I don't begrudge those folks for whom they do. Not a fan of semiauto blowback designs or DA/SA triggers in them either for that matter.

My very modest handgun battery:
.22LR (1) .380ACP (1), 9mmP (3), 45ACP (5 + 2*), 400 Cor-Bon (2), 357 Mag (2), 7mmBR (1)

* two 1911s are convertible between 45ACP and 400 Cor-Bon. In the picture the top center and top left 1911s are setup for .400 Cor-Bon

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VP9 has become my favorite pistol by far. Just feels great.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I fondled a full size Canick without knowing it, it felt great. And then I read the label, darn it.

For me, the Sig P230, a graceful and natural extension of my arm. But other guns are close as well, but if I had to pick, it might be this one.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt 1903. I love the feel in my hand. Doesn't hurt it's sexy as hell, too.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 & P228

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
Sig P220 in .45. I also have a S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum. Either will point good for me, and are accurate. They just feel good.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M&P 9mm 4.25" M2.0 fits like a glove and points right where it should. added Apex sear and Williams adjustable sights (which have not needed adjustment). After a lot of extra cost and much effort, P320s are out of the loop. S&W M&P M2.0 cost a lot less, needed low-cost/low-effort enhancements and ends up better than the P320C9 worked over by Mr. Gray - without loss of resale due to recall. Thought P320 was ideal when it came out, but that did not pan-out. PPQ-M2 are even better and need essentially no work out of the box. Just my opinion.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
P226, it's perfect for me in every way.

Same here!

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The P226 was my first Sig. it was the original Blackwater as that was all that was in stock. My wife got hers a few weeks later. Now we have four, the original two and two more Tac Ops models. We really like the TFO front sights but did not care for the Magwell grips.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
P226 Legion, 9mm. Far and away.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post