SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Yay....ordered a grail gun!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yay....ordered a grail gun!!!! Login/Join 
posted
Just ordered my very own GRAIL gun.....a Sig 226 Legion SAO!!!!

But why, oh why, isn't the SAO available in a 229 too?

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 317 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Congrats badguy. No better feeling that finding and getting a grail gun!

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I like mine. I wish they'd do a SAO P229 too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I've not ever shot (or even held) an SAO Sig. Congrats on the grail purchase, though!!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine! I think you'll be happy.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wait is gonna kill me :-/

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 317 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badguybuster:

Hope you love your Legion SAO as much as I love mine!

As far as a P229 Legion SAO, one of the guys at the SIG Shot Show booth said there wasn't enough room in the P229 for the Legion SAO trigger.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
quote:

Hope you love your Legion SAO as much as I love mine!

As far as a P229 Legion SAO, one of the guys at the SIG Shot Show booth said there wasn't enough room in the P229 for the Legion SAO trigger.

Wat.

I was unaware there was a dimensional difference between the two pistols in that area. I was under the impression the grip, slide, and dust cover were shorter on the P229, and that's it.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:

Wat.

I was unaware there was a dimensional difference between the two pistols in that area. I was under the impression the grip, slide, and dust cover were shorter on the P229, and that's it.

It was new info for me as well. I do see that there isn't a current P229 SAO(non-Legion)version--not sure if there ever has been?

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, i have a non legion sao and love it. It was a toss up as to which one i would get. Found this lightly used for just about 7 out rhe door. Now i am eyeing rhe legion sao....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
The wait is gonna kill me :-/

Tick, tick, tick...

Always seems like forever as the anticipation builds. Congrats!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting your grail gun. I got mine, a 9mm X5 Comp, a couple of years ago, not long before the German export ban bit. I count myself lucky. I treated my X5 to a Robert Burke action job. Insanely happy with the result!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Congrats,I have had a couple 226 sse 9mm gun's.But i held a legion at local lgs,and i liked it so much ,I used a credit card to order a sao 9mm.I am tired of waiting to get the money before i enjoy a gun i like.I have lived 57 year's working 2 job's, saving and planning for retirement,and making sure everyone in my family will be ok financially,so i am going to enjoy this beautiful 226.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Very nice! The grip on the Legion feels like someone molded a piece of clay to my hand and stuck it to a gun.

The sights are killer too.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post