SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is practicing with .22lr making me a worse shot?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is practicing with .22lr making me a worse shot? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
It’s an interesting question. In my experience .22lr ammunition varies in quality and accuracy so I would be more concerned about how accurate you are with you centerfire pistol vs. the .22LR.

Confused

I typically shoot tighter groups with my 9mm or 45 ACP than I do with my cheap .22lr plinking ammo. So I worry less about 22lr groups and more about my centerfire groups. Does that explain it better?

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you shooting this at 3 yards? At a pretty large target? I can't for the life of me imagine ammo is an issue at that distance. But I'm willing to be educated as I don't normally shoot at that range.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Are you shooting this at 3 yards? At a pretty large target? I can't for the life of me imagine ammo is an issue at that distance. But I'm willing to be educated as I don't normally shoot at that range.

^^^^
If you mean me, I shoot at 7-15 yards.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post