SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    From Medium frame to small frames on My Sig P302's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From Medium frame to small frames on My Sig P302's Login/Join 
posted
I have 4 Sig P320's that I am very happy with. All of them have the medium size grip module. I recently found 4 small grip modules for my 320 Carry, 320 45 compact, 320 compact and 320 full size. The small grip modules for my baby sized hands are amazing. I now love these guns even more. Glad these modules are finally starting to show up

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Me too. I love them on my P250s.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. The smalls are a big improvement to me. Now if some of the other parts could become available. lol

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I picked up a small grip module for my 320 that I haven't tried out yet. I shoot the medium well, but was wondering how I'd do with the small size and figured it is a small investment to try. Unfortunately didn't get it swapped for the medium before my last range session.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The smalls work a lot better for me. I just finished my third stippling job and combined with the small Compact frame I think it is very nearly ready to compete to kick the G19 out of the top bump in the dark slot.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
The smalls work a lot better for me. I just finished my third stippling job and combined with the small Compact frame I think it is very nearly ready to compete to kick the G19 out of the top bump in the dark slot.

In any of your stippling projects, have you tried increasing the undercut of the trigger guard or taking some material from the beavertail to get a higher grip?

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Sounds interesting though. Not sure how to gauge how much you could remove under the beavertail. I think the Small combined with stippling/grip tape/something is as close to my perfect as I can get. Full disclosure though, I don't get wrapped up in high bore axis discussions. I don't find the 320 flippy in the slightest. I would like to see someone try your suggestion though.

posted Hide Post
If I were to try it (hey, it's only $40, right??), what grit of sanding wheel would you recommend? I'd definitely think that going slow is an absolute necessity, and I don't think I'd remove too much material.

posted Hide Post
I've been using 120 grit wheels (?) on my dremel. Maybe drums are a better term. I use the second slowest setting and go slow. I never keep it on one spot for too long because it is easy to start melting the plastic. Use a fan to blow fumes/dust away and I use a mask. The fan seems to be key though.

Post pics when you do this please.