SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Update - Colored Glock Gen 5's, when? - They’re out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update - Colored Glock Gen 5's, when? - They’re out Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
Waiting patiently for the ODG Gen 5 guns to come out. Anyone have any information on when they get around to coloring their frames?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: evolution,

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GataGunner
posted Hide Post
If anyone has this information, they probably have information on Gen 5s in other calibers, so they need to spill the beans in one fell swoop. Gen 5 Glock 20 in OD green for me please.

Posts: 64 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
FDE and gray are already available (G19). Not sure about OD however.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
FDE and gray are already available (G19). Not sure about OD however.

This... I saw my first gray one yesterday.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2494 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I’m with you. I am waiting for an ODG Gen5 MOS 19 or 17.

quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
Waiting patiently for the ODG Gen 5 guns to come out. Anyone have any information on when they get around to coloring their frames?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ador,

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I stopped by a local fun store this morning. I saw a factory ODG Gen5 17 MOS. However, the slide is also ODG with a huge billboard that showed “US ARMY”. I would have been OK with the ODG slide, without the billboard, and a slighlty darker shade of ODG. Having said that, I am hoping that Glock will also release an ODG frame, with Black slide.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I spoke to one of my local shops yesterday and they said "They're not making them yet, but they'll be coming."

I took it as just the guys experience that Glock will eventually produce them.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I want a Glock BBQ gun!

Maybe they can whip together a nice aged ivory or pearl swirl Frame and a high Polish slide!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I believe the appropriate term is 'Glocks of Color'.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought it was Austrian-American.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
The Generation 5 Glocks of color are now fairly widely available.

FDE, BFG and Gray
Basic models only, no MOS as of yet.

posted Hide Post
Are the frames cerakoted, or does the color permeate through the polymer? I like to undercut or bevel the rear of the trigger guard and don’t want a pinto.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Color permeates.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Multi-cultural Glocks.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Easter coming up and all....robin egg blue, anyone?

You know you want one...

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post