SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hogue Chain Link G10 grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue Chain Link G10 grips Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I am looking to replace the grips on my P220. The gun currently wears Hogue Extreme Series Aluminum shoes. How are you guys liking the Chain Link G10 grips? Are they very aggressive? The gun will be varried periodically.
Thanks.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Terminator
posted Hide Post
I have the Chain link grips on my 220 Supermatch and my MK 25. Personally I love them! The texture is fairly aggressive and they look pretty awesome. I can highly recommend them.

Posts: 641 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terminator, I am definitely interested in good looks. The aluminum grips have the perfect grippiness.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Thanks Terminator, I am definitely interested in good looks. The aluminum grips have the perfect grippiness.

Wondering, why are you not just sticking to the AL grips?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Just for looks. I am looking for an aggressive pattern that is also good looking.
I will keep the aluminum also.

Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I have chainlinks on my 226 X5 Allround and like them a lot. The grip is good and it looks great too.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the chainlink on my home-built 226 as well. Took me a week to learn that the aggressive texture that makes them a pleasure to hold REQUIRES a t-shirt next to my baby soft flab. I developed a callous!

"I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Has anyone shot 200-300 rounds with these in a session? How did your hands hold up?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Has anyone shot 200-300 rounds with these in a session? How did your hands hold up?

No problems.

Certain other patterns/textures out there, however, are much rougher, making your hand pretty uncomfortable after much less rounds. Examples: the G10 Checkered grips of the Classic Carry, made by SCI, and the Palm Swell Bogies (golf ball patterns) made by LOK Grips.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
My P-220 10MM Hunter has the Hogue G10 grips. They have been very serviceable.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Here is what Hogue has to offer in the Chainlink Txt.
Black Chainlink(L) Black/Grey GMascus(R)

With G10, one can lightly sand the texture without affecting finish

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ken @ Hogue Inc,

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Ken,

What are your most popular grips for the SIG P226?

Posts: 1957 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
Ken,

What are your most popular grips for the SIG P226?

Well, that's a loaded question. Different areas have different needs. Solid Black Checkered/Chainlink/Piranha. GMascus Black in the same txt........

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Ken at Hogue inc, thanks for the pictures it saved me having to google what was being discussed....

For me and specifically the P226 I like G10s... especially for looks I had to put one on my MK25 and it is one of my favorite handguns now:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post