SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA aficionados... what's your pocket/small pistol of choice?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA aficionados... what's your pocket/small pistol of choice? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Smallest for me currently is a 9mm P250SC. A tad big for pants pocket. OK for coat pocket.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
They don't make a pocket da/sa pistol.

Nonsense.

Beretta Tomcat .32
Bersa Thunder 380CC .380
Walther PPK .380

Are all pocketable DA/DA pistols

I cracked the frame on my Tomcat. It is common issue if you look into it.

PPK and Bersa 380 are the next size up and I honestly do not consider them pocket guns as they printed a lot in my experience.

Glad you have had better luck in applying the guns in the pocket pistol role.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Biggest issue with Bersa or PPKs in the pocket is the weight.

Just like people pretending the P230 is a pocket gun. I hear people say that, but I never see any photos of them doing it.

Just like the cargo pocket G26/27 pocket carry. Lots of talk, but I've never met someone doing it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of pocket carry. If it has to be done, LCP or Bodyguard. If it’s a jacket pocket, nothing beats a j frame. They are laser beams, if a shooter can not produce accuracy similar or better than g43, it’s not the gun.

For a small auto, you should check out the Sphinx SDP Subcompact. Swiss made (not USA) ones are hard to find, but they are smaller than a Glock 19 or P239, hold 13+1 rounds of 9mm with flush fit mags, excellent trigger, excellent sights, top notch machining and workmanship, very accurate.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
That said, there's a model 37 I'm hoping is still for sale tomorrow. Wink

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although they are DA only, when I really want a concealable carry - I chose to carry one of my Seecamps. Granted they are not long range firearms, but they are extremely well made, and with basic maintenance and correct ammo selections - perform very well.
I am partial to the Milford CT guns, that Larry Seecamp, like his father produced - before finally selling the company to Whalley, who moved the operation to Massachusetts. I own all three calibers, .25/.32/.380, mostly for nostalgia, but carry the .380 caliber.

Posts: 143 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If your entertaining DAO, look at a Keltec PF-9, or an early Ruger LC9 (NOT the LC9s which is striker.)

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
The Colt Gov. 380 carries very well in the pocket & has been praised for decades for its other virtues. SA only

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 232 would be the nicest DA/SA, but they're borderline on pocket carry as they're a tad on the large side for that.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The small Polish P-64, 6 round 9X18 Makarov is DA/SA.....if you don't mind the 24lb DA trigger pull. Snappy recoil, too.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I don’t like pocket pistols for a variety of reasons. Anything on my person I want excellent accuracy, low recoil, etc. My own requirement is holster use always. For minimalistic carry it’s a 2” Chiappa Rhino. I carry it aiwb. One or two speed loaders depending on how discreet I need to be.

I’d go shoot some small revolvers and pick the one you shot best.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my DA/SA Sigs. However, the mechanics of the DA/SA internals are not conducive to miniaturization.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for the Smith and Wesson CS9. Almost exactly the same size as a shield, pps etc. but da/sa with a really nice trigger. I would call it a jacket-pocket or cargo-pocket gun though. For true pocket carry I prefer something like a bodyguard.

Best wishes

Posts: 5 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: November 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
Seecamp .32 truly pocket size and better than a rock

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
CZ82/83? Too big?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I occasionally pocket-carry my PPK, but each time I do, I have to blow lint out of the area around the hammer when I take it out for the night. A buildup of lint can cause a malfunction.

I got a pocket holster for it from a forum member a couple years ago, and that helps with all the pocket-carry problems: reduces printing, reduces lint, reduces clothing damage. Doesn't totally eliminate any of them.

Bottom line, pocket carrying an exposed-hammer pistol doesn't really work, long-term. Although I'm glad I no longer have my Browning .380's (I had two at one time), they were both more reliable choices for pocket carry.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post