SIGforum
DA/SA aficionados... what's your pocket/small pistol of choice?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3570073944

November 08, 2018, 11:48 PM
YooperSigs
DA/SA aficionados... what's your pocket/small pistol of choice?
Smallest for me currently is a 9mm P250SC. A tad big for pants pocket. OK for coat pocket.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
November 09, 2018, 05:47 PM
kalford
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
They don't make a pocket da/sa pistol.

Nonsense.

Beretta Tomcat .32
Bersa Thunder 380CC .380
Walther PPK .380

Are all pocketable DA/DA pistols

I cracked the frame on my Tomcat. It is common issue if you look into it.

PPK and Bersa 380 are the next size up and I honestly do not consider them pocket guns as they printed a lot in my experience.

Glad you have had better luck in applying the guns in the pocket pistol role.
November 09, 2018, 05:50 PM
RHINOWSO
Biggest issue with Bersa or PPKs in the pocket is the weight.

Just like people pretending the P230 is a pocket gun. I hear people say that, but I never see any photos of them doing it.

Just like the cargo pocket G26/27 pocket carry. Lots of talk, but I've never met someone doing it.
November 09, 2018, 06:46 PM
Freq18Hz
Not a big fan of pocket carry. If it has to be done, LCP or Bodyguard. If it’s a jacket pocket, nothing beats a j frame. They are laser beams, if a shooter can not produce accuracy similar or better than g43, it’s not the gun.

For a small auto, you should check out the Sphinx SDP Subcompact. Swiss made (not USA) ones are hard to find, but they are smaller than a Glock 19 or P239, hold 13+1 rounds of 9mm with flush fit mags, excellent trigger, excellent sights, top notch machining and workmanship, very accurate.

-Freq
November 09, 2018, 09:44 PM
SigSentry
That said, there's a model 37 I'm hoping is still for sale tomorrow. Wink
November 09, 2018, 10:35 PM
astraightshooter
Although they are DA only, when I really want a concealable carry - I chose to carry one of my Seecamps. Granted they are not long range firearms, but they are extremely well made, and with basic maintenance and correct ammo selections - perform very well.
I am partial to the Milford CT guns, that Larry Seecamp, like his father produced - before finally selling the company to Whalley, who moved the operation to Massachusetts. I own all three calibers, .25/.32/.380, mostly for nostalgia, but carry the .380 caliber.
November 09, 2018, 11:02 PM
BBMW
If your entertaining DAO, look at a Keltec PF-9, or an early Ruger LC9 (NOT the LC9s which is striker.)
November 11, 2018, 08:54 PM
signewt
The Colt Gov. 380 carries very well in the pocket & has been praised for decades for its other virtues. SA only

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

November 14, 2018, 11:34 PM
jimmy123x
Sig 232 would be the nicest DA/SA, but they're borderline on pocket carry as they're a tad on the large side for that.
November 15, 2018, 12:46 AM
GWbiker
The small Polish P-64, 6 round 9X18 Makarov is DA/SA.....if you don't mind the 24lb DA trigger pull. Snappy recoil, too.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
November 15, 2018, 04:10 PM
Prefontaine
I don’t like pocket pistols for a variety of reasons. Anything on my person I want excellent accuracy, low recoil, etc. My own requirement is holster use always. For minimalistic carry it’s a 2” Chiappa Rhino. I carry it aiwb. One or two speed loaders depending on how discreet I need to be.

I’d go shoot some small revolvers and pick the one you shot best.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
November 15, 2018, 04:35 PM
Nipper
I love my DA/SA Sigs. However, the mechanics of the DA/SA internals are not conducive to miniaturization.

November 22, 2018, 10:37 PM
bnz41
+1 for the Smith and Wesson CS9. Almost exactly the same size as a shield, pps etc. but da/sa with a really nice trigger. I would call it a jacket-pocket or cargo-pocket gun though. For true pocket carry I prefer something like a bodyguard.

Best wishes
November 22, 2018, 10:53 PM
bolo4tom
Seecamp .32 truly pocket size and better than a rock
November 23, 2018, 10:30 AM
George43
CZ82/83? Too big?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.
November 23, 2018, 10:58 AM
newtoSig765
I occasionally pocket-carry my PPK, but each time I do, I have to blow lint out of the area around the hammer when I take it out for the night. A buildup of lint can cause a malfunction.

I got a pocket holster for it from a forum member a couple years ago, and that helps with all the pocket-carry problems: reduces printing, reduces lint, reduces clothing damage. Doesn't totally eliminate any of them.

Bottom line, pocket carrying an exposed-hammer pistol doesn't really work, long-term. Although I'm glad I no longer have my Browning .380's (I had two at one time), they were both more reliable choices for pocket carry.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18