SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA aficionados... what's your pocket/small pistol of choice?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA aficionados... what's your pocket/small pistol of choice? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Smallest for me currently is a 9mm P250SC. A tad big for pants pocket. OK for coat pocket.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 7251 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
They don't make a pocket da/sa pistol.

Nonsense.

Beretta Tomcat .32
Bersa Thunder 380CC .380
Walther PPK .380

Are all pocketable DA/DA pistols

I cracked the frame on my Tomcat. It is common issue if you look into it.

PPK and Bersa 380 are the next size up and I honestly do not consider them pocket guns as they printed a lot in my experience.

Glad you have had better luck in applying the guns in the pocket pistol role.

Posts: 369 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Biggest issue with Bersa or PPKs in the pocket is the weight.

Just like people pretending the P230 is a pocket gun. I hear people say that, but I never see any photos of them doing it.

Just like the cargo pocket G26/27 pocket carry. Lots of talk, but I've never met someone doing it.

Posts: 40000 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of pocket carry. If it has to be done, LCP or Bodyguard. If it’s a jacket pocket, nothing beats a j frame. They are laser beams, if a shooter can not produce accuracy similar or better than g43, it’s not the gun.

For a small auto, you should check out the Sphinx SDP Subcompact. Swiss made (not USA) ones are hard to find, but they are smaller than a Glock 19 or P239, hold 13+1 rounds of 9mm with flush fit mags, excellent trigger, excellent sights, top notch machining and workmanship, very accurate.

-Freq

Posts: 184 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
That said, there's a model 37 I'm hoping is still for sale tomorrow. Wink

Posts: 2222 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although they are DA only, when I really want a concealable carry - I chose to carry one of my Seecamps. Granted they are not long range firearms, but they are extremely well made, and with basic maintenance and correct ammo selections - perform very well.
I am partial to the Milford CT guns, that Larry Seecamp, like his father produced - before finally selling the company to Whalley, who moved the operation to Massachusetts. I own all three calibers, .25/.32/.380, mostly for nostalgia, but carry the .380 caliber.

Posts: 105 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If your entertaining DAO, look at a Keltec PF-9, or an early Ruger LC9 (NOT the LC9s which is striker.)

Posts: 18325 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
The Colt Gov. 380 carries very well in the pocket & has been praised for decades for its other virtues. SA only

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"Nothing like a Battleship appearing in the horizon to spur diplomacy"
COTEP # 362

Posts: 7986 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post