SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220R-all stainless - nitron coated
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220R-all stainless - nitron coated Login/Join 
Picture of JenniferG
posted Hide Post
Mine is a P220R-45-SBSS. It has the external extractor. My serial number is recorded in the serial number thread about 2013. I was about a day late to purchasing a P226 of the same frame and set up. They're gone too. The frames were made in Germany and assembled in the US with Stainless US made slides. They'll be planting that one with me. I bought an MK 25 to carry instead of putting holster miles on the SBSS. They'll be making MK's for years to come.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...940001413#8940001413

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JenniferG,

Posts: 104 | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool pistols. I wish they’d make a run in 10mm.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:

Like this one?

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:

Like this one?

In DA/SA?

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
In DA/SA?

I should have showed the left side picture, which indicates the SA safety (on my picture, too, as it is ambi), and the absence of a decocker.

I believe (someone please correct me) that early in the production of the P220-10mm's, they did indeed make an all nitron DA/SA with a 4.4" barrel. It might have been two tone? I've seen pictures of DA/SA 10mm's here and there. Not sure which bbl length they were.

I know a 4.4" bbl is out there because when I went to order a holster from BladeTech for mine, I found it is not listed on their web site "gun list", but they do have them (two size models), you just have to call. I described mine as best I knew, (P220-10mm SAO) and they sent me a holster for a 4.4" bbl model. At the time, I was unaware SIG had ever produced a 4.4" bbl model. When I called back, they said I had to specify the 5" bbl model.

My model is a Lipsey's special.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Still have mine. Purchased from the factory when they were produced for a NH law enforcement agency T&E project. Someone here said it was fish and game but I was told it was state police.

Thought it was something special until it became a catalog item. I’m sure it will end up with one of my nephews when I’m gone.

NH State Police. For some reason they never purchased off the shelf. The head firearms guy at the time was very specific about what he wanted on the firearms and their original DA/SA S&W 45 autos and then the Sig P220 were tweaked a little to meets his specs. NHSP reportedly had problems with their 220s (firing pin maybe?) and transitioned to M&P45s.

Funny story, MASS MBTA purchased M&P45s and reportedly had problems with them and transitioned to Sig P220!

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe (someone please correct me) that early in the production of the P220-10mm's, they did indeed make an all nitron DA/SA with a 4.4" barrel. It might have been two tone? I've seen pictures of DA/SA 10mm's here and there. Not sure which bbl length they were

They did make a two-tone with fixed rear sights and a 5" barrel. I may be wrong, but I could swear that SIG was touting a 4.4" Nitroned SAO when the 10mms were first announced.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still looking for the unicorn 220r-45-sbss

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those pistols were designed for, and carried by NHSP SWAT. NHSP had too many problems with their 220ST’s and went to the M&P.
MBTA ditched their 220’s last year and now carry Glock.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:

Just checked the number on mine...that's exactly what I have. November 19th, 2012 manufacture date. Nitron coated stainless frame and slide, stock Hogue grips, external extractor.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What problems?

quote:
Originally posted by sw4566:
Those pistols were designed for, and carried by NHSP SWAT. NHSP had too many problems with their 220ST’s and went to the M&P.
MBTA ditched their 220’s last year and now carry Glock.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Problems ran the gamut from grip screws falling out and tritium vials falling out to firing pin safety levers breaking.The scary thing was that with the firing pin issue, a cursory check gave guys the impression the pistol was functional. We started teaching the “ pencil test” to the guys to verify the gun would fire. Customer service was pretty abysmal. Guns were only in service from fall 2004 until spring 2006.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sw4566,

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have over 10 thousand rounds thru one of my duty p220’s. Probably 5000 or more thru another two. Never a problem.

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:

What makes that a unicorn?

Just checked. Mine is 220-45-SBS-G w/night sights. Looks same as the photos on the previous page including blue box. Purchased exactly 13 years ago.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a saying .... was tough finding one.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
I believe (someone please correct me) that early in the production of the P220-10mm's, they did indeed make an all nitron DA/SA with a 4.4" barrel. It might have been two tone? I've seen pictures of DA/SA 10mm's here and there. Not sure which bbl length they were

They did make a two-tone with fixed rear sights and a 5" barrel. I may be wrong, but I could swear that SIG was touting a 4.4" Nitroned SAO when the 10mms were first announced.

Best guess as far as the 4.4 10mm early on is that they were from the GreyGuns conversions. The earliest production 10mm P220 was a two tone DA/SA as Il Cattivo described. The first 50 released looked like this:

Kinda like this anyway. I just can't get with the G10 grips.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I could swear I saw them on the Lipsey's website. Then again, I don't recall having seen one in the wild and, sadly, "I could swear" doesn't tell you much.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were these made for the NH fish and game or NH State police swat? Can anyone confirm?

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I have one of the originals. I bought mine from a guy in Huntington Beach , CA.

I will look to see if I can find the research paper that was done by another forum member. it was an extensive look at the guns and who had them.

IIRC, they were the Test and Evaluation models for a LE agency and NH rings a bell, but I cannot say for sure.

It may take me a couple of days to find this research, if in fact I still have it.

FWIW, these were all internal extractor slides.

I sent mine to Sig and had them re-crown the barrel and some other work.

It is heavy, but will take a steady diet of even the most stout +P ammo.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. There are external extractor models also. I have one.